CLEAR Global is a US non-profit organization supporting people to get information and be heard, whatever language they speak. It is a fully dispersed organization; our team members live in over 40 countries. We have no physical headquarters; there are 4 country offices (Nigeria, Bangladesh, DRC, and Ukraine). Our business model is complex: we have several different types of income: service agreements/contracts, grants of restricted funding mainly from institutional donors, and donations and sponsorships. The service agreements/contracts have 2 distinct business models and fund very different operations (one for language services and one for development of language technology, research, and other products). In addition, we work in multiple currencies, have several bank accounts, and make payments via a range of methods, depending on what is possible.
CLEAR Global is outgrowing its financial systems and processes. Our QuickBooks instance, finance manual, and many of our internal processes worked well for the organization a few years ago. However, our income has increased over 1000% and the complexity of our operations now require an overhaul of the systems.
The aim is to ensure that the new systems and processes improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency and are in line with the current trends and standards in the NGO sector. The outputs should ensure that CLEAR Global’s finance systems are:
- Relevant: Meet the requirements of the organization in terms of audit standards, financial management, management reporting, and donor reporting.
- Effective: Ensure accurate, transparent and timely financial reporting that facilitates decision making
- Efficient: Intuitive and easy to use; ensuring that all relevant internal stakeholders have easy access to the financial information they need
- Sustainable: Capable of flexing and adjustment to support organizational growth and financial trends.
- Accessible: All team members have appropriate access to financial information and reports in a user friendly way; the finance systems are linked to other platforms and system to ensure a minimum overlap and consistent, easily understandable information
Scope of the Consultancy
The Financial Systems and Processes Coordinator will:
- Evaluate the current financial systems , processes and how they link to procurement and other relevant systems currently used in the Organisation
- Liaise with the relevant parties (both finance and non-finance) and document findings in respect of the evaluation of the systems.
- Make recommendations on new systems and processes, including a change of finance software and integration of other systems (CRM, project management, cash flow, banking, expenses, procurement, payroll)
- Prepare a structured timeline for the project, from commencement to finalization including milestones expected to be achieved
- Working with the HR team, and the leadership, develop a change management plan for the organization to move to the new systems and processes smoothly.
- Support the implementation of the move to the new system including documenting the changes , preparing SOPs , training and all other processes to ensure the project is successful and systems are fully operational
- Revise the Finance Manual and Internal Control Framework in line with the Strategic Plan. This will be in close consultation with the leadership team, Board of Directors and staff, in compliance with partners and donor requirements. This should include:
- Developing an effective financial management policy
- Recommending proper systems of delegation of authority for its head and branch offices
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in managing/offering advisory services to institutions/programmes for effective financial management. This includes, but not limited to development of SOPs and internal control frameworks.
- Proven experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) including design of financial management information systems (FMIS).
- Previous Role as a Project Lead/Manager successfully implementing a Finance System Change, which includes end to end process from implementation to execution.
- Knowledge of international development and humanitarian operations
- Knowledge of US statutory financial reporting requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of government regulations in the US, donor requirements and regulations.
CLEAR Global expects the consultancy to take about 6 months, beginning as soon as possible, on a full-time basis. The consultancy will be remote and home-based with limited travel. The consultant will report to the Senior Finance Manager.
- Please submit a CV showing how you meet the requirements for this role
- Cover letter is optional. If you choose to submit a cover letter, please describe your interest and commitment to work in this consultancy and why you are an ideal fit.
- In the ‘desired pay’ field, please indicate your monthly rate in USD for full-time work. Please note that this position will be paid between 4,500-5,100 USD/month.
CLEAR Global employees and volunteers are people who believe passionately about the value of this work and take personal responsibility for achieving the mission. CLEAR Global’s mission and organizational spirit embody the core values established in its strategic framework:
- Excellence: As the leading voice for communicating humanitarian information in the right language, CLEAR Global is a leader in the translation industry and in the non-profit sector.
- Integrity: CLEAR Global believes that every person, whether it’s the people who we serve, our volunteers or our staff, has value, deserves respect and has inherent dignity.
- Empowerment: CLEAR Global believes in using language to empower people around the world to control their own development and destiny.
- Innovation: CLEAR Global recognizes and celebrates the power of innovation to address humanitarian and crisis issues around the world.
- Sustainability: CLEAR Global recognizes that meeting our mission necessitates establishment and maintenance of a solid financial and organizational infrastructure.
- Tolerance: Our staff and volunteers are highly knowledgeable and skilled; value each other, our partner and our recipients; create a supportive work environment; and, conduct themselves professionally at all times.
CLEAR Global may re-advertise the vacancy, cancel the recruitment, offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration at its discretion.