Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
At Heifer we have a vast amount and array of data that we use to support our resource development efforts. This data is housed in a centralized CRM database that is integrated with multiple other systems and requires constant monitoring, review and management. The complexity of the data is growing with our expansion into global markets and the implementation of GDPR and other data privacy policies. We need someone to take on the oversight of this dataset and associated integrations and ensure that rules are being followed, policies are being upheld and the quality of the data meets the organization’s needs. This position would not be alone in this process and would have direct reports that would assist with all processes as well as belonging to a systems team to help support the cause. Our data is one of our most valued assets and we must take care of it and this position will help us do so.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS:
Service-minded, detail-oriented, collaborative, reliability, organized, team player, agile, fast-paced environment, responsiveness, adaptability, skill variety, accountability, perseverance, and goal oriented.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
A. Data Management (35%)
- Be the subject matter expert on the resource development data for Heifer.
- Ensure data consistency within the database.
- Develop, implement and maintain quality control plans for the fundraising data.
- Ensure that all processes are working as designed and all data points reconcile.
- Provide oversight, control and documentation for all processes within the system that manage or manipulate data including imports, exports, global changes, scripts, etc.
- Ensure that all organizational business rules are followed in regards to data management.
- Ensure that all external policies (such as GDPR, CCPA, etc) are followed in regards to data management.
- Manage all internal code tables for consistency.
- Work with additional team members and developers in testing and validating reports, code development, etc that affect our data integrity.
- Work with internal team members to ensure their data is being used appropriately, is consistent, and meets their team needs.
- Research data issues and identify any fixes that need to be made to address the issue.
B. Integrations Management (35%)
- Engage in any new development, such as onboarding of a new vendor, to design the integrations and processes needed for this new implementation.
- Develop new system process flows and data implementation processes within the system for new development.
- Ensure that all data integrations meet the data integrity rules outlined.
- Ensure that all external data processing vendors are following our data rules, that they are providing data in a consistent, efficient manner and are maintaining all data security rules and guidelines.
C. Team Member Oversight (25%)
- Provide management and oversight for direct report team members.
- Ensure that their processes and work follow all intended guidelines.
D. May perform other job-related duties as assigned (5%)
Bachelor’s degree plus three (3) – five (5) years of related experience.
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Excellent process and project management skills.
- Working knowledge of applicable software and applications for effective and informed decision-making; specifically Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access.
- Strong experience with data systems.
- Superior communication, presentation, and customer-service oriented mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process enhancements including technology and performance.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to think strategically and act tactfully.
- A leadership style that is open and flexible and can lead a team together for one goal while working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to create and produce documents, reports and presentations in a well-designed and professional format with impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze existing processes and make improvements gaps or flaws.
- Working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- May require constant sitting and moving, working at a computer for extended periods of time
The expected base salary range for this position is $75k to $85k USD annually. Placement within the range will be based on the competency level of the candidate:
Minimum: Entry level, meets minimum qualifications. Needs guidance and training to perform key responsibilities of the job
Midpoint: Experienced and fully competent. Can independently perform all responsibilities of the job
Maximum: Highly experienced and can perform at a higher level than expected
**Disclaimer: Salary ranges are based on country location and local country salary scales.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Heifer International offers a variety of benefits for U.S.-based employees working 30 or more hours per week.
- Health and wellness benefits including Flexible Spending Account and/or Health Saving Account
- Employee assistance program
- 403(b) retirement plan (match 1% employee to 2% employer up to a maximum of 4% match + 3% employer discretionary contribution regardless of employee contribution)
- 22 vacation days in addition to 12 statutory and discretionary holidays, and 10 sick days per year
- Employer-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D)
- Professional development and annual merit increase opportunities
- Optional critical illness insurance, legal assistance plan and pet protection
- And more!