Job Title: Resident Engagement Coordinator
Department: Resident Engagement
Reports to: Director of Resident Engagement
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt / Full-Time
Compensation: $27.00/per hour ($56,160/annually) (with generous benefits)
Created / Updated: December 9, 2022
ABOUT LIFT TO RISE
Lift to Rise works to achieve a future where all Coachella Valley families are healthy, stable and thriving. To this end, Lift to Rise catalyzes both institutional and grassroots leaders to effectively collaborate and shift their attention and activities toward mutually reinforced interventions that address the underlying causes of poverty in the region. To learn more, please visit: http://lifttorise.org
PRIMARY FUNCTIONThe Resident Engagement Coordinator is responsible for supporting Lift To Rise’s Resident Engagement and Collaborative Action Networks (CANs), comprised of cross-sector partners focusing on improving specific outcomes in health, housing and social connectedness. Assist CANs with identifying strategies related to key priority outcomes and contributing indicators, as well as supporting the development and implementation of CAN action plans. Assist with community outreach, resident engagement, and resident leadership table. Assist team with administrative coordination for CAN meetings, Lift To Rise projects and grants, and other tasks as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Support the planning activities of community partners aligned with the strategy work, assist in convening and organizing partners to develop data-based continuous improvement action plans.
- Provide dynamic, engaging facilitation of community and tenant meetings to guide the development and implementation of action plans.
- Work with the Director of Resident Leadership and Resident Engagement Manager to plan agendas, synthesize and document group processes, and navigate challenges within and outside of the group.
- Support the processes to establish a continuous improvement and data management infrastructure that allows CANs to assess their progress.
- Assist with community outreach, resident engagement, and resident leadership table.
- Develop and enhance relationships with community stakeholders, including leaders in business, faith-based, nonprofit, philanthropic, and civic sectors while helping to build awareness of and partnerships with Lift to Rise.
- Support the development of trust and strong working relationships within community stakeholders.
- Support community engagement activities by developing and maintaining ongoing interaction with residents through meetings and attendance at community meetings, and other identified strategies.
- Assist in building community leadership capacity by organizing and/or facilitating trainings and meetings to identify and advance resident priorities and objectives; advocate for the interests and priorities identified by residents.
- Collaboratively assist in developing and implementing time-specific plans to resolve community identified priorities.
- Identify community-based organizations, businesses, and leaders to establish and nurture relationships and help build awareness of and partnerships with Lift to Rise.
- Represent Lift to Rise at appropriate meetings, presentations, and community events, as requested.
- Assist with creation and distribution of communications regarding Lift to Rise activities.
- Assist with administrative coordination and planning for Lift to Rise events, and other administration and coordination tasks as assigned.
- Organize, schedule and conduct outreach activities on and off-site, including conducting large and small group presentations. Arrange transportation, facilities, and refreshments as appropriate.
- Assist in the planning, scheduling, and delivery of presentations, meetings and other events as assigned.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of files and records related to services and activities, maintain files, documentation and data to ensure accurate tracking of progress; assist in compiling and entering data and preparing comprehensive reports.
- Attend and participate in professional development activities as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree preferred; bachelor’s degree plus two to three years of work or intensive volunteer experience required
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated success in building trusting, effective relationships with diverse partners
- A passion and authentic commitment to justice and equity for people of all ethnicities, races, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, national origin, economic circumstances, physical and mental abilities and characteristics, and philosophies
- Genuine dedication to resident and community-led work, as well as the vision, mission and values of Lift to Rise
- Must be able to work full-time, including some weekends and evenings
- Excellent written, computer and oral communication skills; experience with social media a plus
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, keep commitments and produce results in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to train or teach others with clarity and flexibility
- Must maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality at all times
- Criminal background check required for employment
- Willingness and ability to regularly travel across the Coachella Valley
This position has access to confidential information – partner and resident contact information.
This position has no access to company funds.