Scope of Work: Provision of Professional Employer Organization (PEO)
Click here to see the full RFP
Population Services International (PSI) is a U.S. headquartered organization based in Washington, DC, which operates in 40+ countries around the world. PSI is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer powered healthcare. There are over “300 PSI’ers” in the U.S. and 5,000 “PSI’ers” total around the world.
While “PSI’ers” typical working from locations where PSI has established operations, on occasion we have a need to hire talent that is based in a location where we do not operate. PSI is looking for a solution to ensure that in these instances we are compliant with requirements for employing local staff.
Given our nature of work and always changing global workforce, additional needs for EOR or payroll solution are being requested. Employees will typically not require support on work authorization.
Immediately, we are looking for a solution for hiring and maintaining staff in Indonesia. PSI does not currently have an office in Indonesia, but we will soon be hiring an international assignee and national staff to support a new private sector WASH project. PSI would like the firm to:
- Serve as the employer-of-record (EOR) for six Indonesian employees.
- Advise on appropriate local benefits packages for six Indonesian employees to meet local labor law and offer competitive packages to staff.
- Conduct a salary benchmarking exercise to determine appropriate salary ranges for position like those that will be hired for the project.
- Provide legal and human resource (HR) services for six local Indonesian employees, including:
- Recruitment of six Indonesian employees with support from PSI team
- Administration of six Indonesian employee contracts
- Use of a user-friendly software system for employee timekeeping (time entry and approval), processing payroll (including tax and statutory payments), tracking and accruing leave and other benefits,
- Assure compliance with local tax and labor laws, including submission of necessary documentation to the relevant authorities.
- Archiving of both hard and electronic copies of all employment documents to meet funder and local legal requirements and for audit purposes.
- Troubleshooting local HR matters as they arise.
- Secure an international work visa for one international staff, who will be a PSI employee hired through our Washington DC office, based in Jakarta for approximately 3 years.
- Assure compliance with local tax and labor laws, including submission of necessary documentation to the relevant authorities for on international staff person.
- Provide advisory services on topics related to:
- Best practices around interviewing, managing and operating in each country.
- Compensation analysis.
- Local regulations and policies.
- Provide customized reports/analysis on:
- Benefits (Enrollment, termination)
- Data review (Audit trail, missing data, point-in-time)
- Employee Info (Age profile, birthdays, EEO-1, employment status history, gender profile, job history, salary history, years of service)
- Headcount and turnover (Additions and terminations, employee turnover, headcount, turnover rate)
- Hiring (Applicant funnel, applicant sources, applicants by disability and gender, applicants by race and gender, applicants by veteran status and gender)
- Payroll (Last pay change, payroll changes, salary history)
- Time off (Time off balances, time off schedule, time off used)
- Translate onboarding documents to local languages where it is a legal requirement.
Bidders should submit their responses to this RFP to include:
- Technical Proposal
- Financial Proposal in USD
A Technical Proposal
Your proposal should provide basic information about your Company and relevant service offerings. It should have a section addressing each of the following areas:
- Company Profile
- Responsiveness to the Scope of Work
Responses should include the following information:
a. Company Profile
- Describe the Company on an overall basis, both nationally and internationally (if appropriate)
- Summarize the Company’s qualifications and experience of the activities described in the scope of work
- Provide a detailed track record of previous similar work undertaken
- What is the background and experience of your senior management team? What industries do your clients come from?
- Provide a description of the Company’s services human resources (HR) management, local tax and labor law compliance, and payroll management services.
- Describe the Company’s experience dealing with INGO funded projects employing Indonesian staff.
- Describe the Company’s capability to advise on and assure compliance with local tax and labor law, recruit staff, manage timekeeping, payroll, and benefit accruals through a user-friendly software system, archive all required HR documents per donor and local requirement and for audit purposes, and secure work visas for international staff.
- Describe the key personnel to be utilized on the engagement along with resumes of key personnel. Indicate their degree of expertise and prior experience, which would be appropriate for the engagement;
- Describe the employee experience. Would employees typically have a point of contract with the Company or a local organization?
- Describe the process of answering questions our employees may have related to Benefits?
- For employees who are hired by the Company, how are salaries established? Does the company have access to information to help in establishing appropriate salaries for the local market context?
- Describe the technology platforms the Company will use to share information between PSI and the Company, as well as between employees and the Company.
- Can the Company make payments in local currency? Do you issue pay slips for employees?
- Identify key personnel who will be available for consultation or discussion;
- Describe any current or past relationships the Company may have with PSI, and if it is a potential conflict of interest. If there is a potential conflict of interest then please explain how this risk will be mitigated.
- Identify key personnel who will be available for consultation or discussion;
d. Compliance & Data Protection
How does the Company monitor compliance in each location especially as it relates to country labor laws, and tax codes? If changes occur, what process do you use to update this information and make it available to an organization?
Are the people processing payroll located in country where the service is provided?
How does the Company protect employee data in your system? What is the process of vetting partners?
Describe any current or past relationships your organization may have with PSI, and if it is a potential conflict of interest. If there is a potential conflict of interest then please explain how this risk will be mitigated.
- Submit two (2) client references for each key member of the proposed client service team;
- Submit three (3) non-profit client references;
- Provide any other information to demonstrate the Company’s capability in relation to the Scope of Work
B Financial Proposal
PSI is interested in pricing for payroll and full PEO services. Bidders should please provide the cost breakdowns and frequency for all fees which may include the below:
- Fringe (benefits + allowances)
- Admin Fee
- FX/other Fee
- Country Set Up Fee
- End of Year Filing Fee
Additionally, bidders should respond to the following questions:
- What is the pricing model for each of your services? What other fees can we anticipate?
- With regards to pricing, if a flat rate is possible, please state so. Flat rate is the preferred option for PSI.
- Please confirm the frequency of your invoicing requirements.
As part of the RFP process, PSI may be providing confidential information to bidders. Consequently, bidders must complete the attached Confidential/Non-disclosure Agreement (Part 4) to participate in this process. Signed Confidential/Non-Disclosure Agreements must be submitted with the proposal.
ISSUE DATE:1 March 2023
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF CLARIFICATION QUESTIONS BY PSI:8 March 2023
LAST DATE FOR RESPONSES BY PSI:10 March 2023
RFP CLOSING DATE AND PLACE:15 March 2023
PROPOSALS SHOULD BE DELIVERED BY EMAIL To : PSIIndonesiaHR@psi.org
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.