Li-Cycle is solving the global end-of-life lithium battery problem to help power our electric future. Our goal is to recover critical materials from lithium-ion batteries and introduce them back into the supply chain as a sustainable and circular product. We work every day to make this vision a reality. Our team is growing, and we are looking for passionate, creative people, who want to join us as we build a better tomorrow. If you are looking for a purpose-driven company where curiosity and innovation are valued, Li-Cycle is the place for you!
Reporting to the Spoke Maintenance Manager and working in a team environment, The Regional Maintenance Planner/Scheduler is responsible for planning, coordinating, and scheduling the maintenance, outage, and repair projects necessary to maintain operational reliability of the Spoke fleet. The Regional Maintenance Planner/Scheduler will work with the Spoke Maintenance Manager in developing the planned maintenance schedule and forecast the schedule in coordination with production teams to minimize impact on downtime. This position will be regionally based, supporting Li-Cycle facilities in Arizona and Alabama (Can be remote within the region.)
- Promotes a safe working environment and properly addresses all safety precautions in work planning.
- Manages and maintains the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Inclusive of asset PM scheduling and facility repairs.
- Report to Spoke Maintenance Manager on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) of the maintenance program. KPI’s will need to reflect, but not be limited to, the reliability of the equipment, efficiency of labor utilization, and performance of the maintenance program.
- Conduct daily evaluations and validation of work requests with Supervisors, Production Managers, and Spoke Managers. Participate in daily production meetings.
- Create work orders for approved work requests and PM’s, capturing labor hours, safe working procedures, parts, tools, and equipment necessary for execution.
- Create weekly schedules to complete approved work orders. Assign maintenance technicians to execute work orders efficiently and effectively.
- Lead weekly meetings with Spoke Managers to discuss work order priorities, forecast week ahead schedule, and alter schedule as necessary.
- Review completed work orders and take any necessary actions. Continuously improve future work orders with feedback and lessons learned from maintenance technicians and Spoke Managers.
- Manage planned and forecasted facility outage schedules and communicate the schedules to Spoke Maintenance and Plant Managers. Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts SME’s) within the maintenance organization to create the outage schedule.
- Contact and coordinate equipment servicing and repairs with supporting Vendors.
- Contact and coordinate special PM activities, modification of existing equipment or commissioning new equipment with supporting Vendors. Create preventive maintenance (PM’s) and schedules from equipment manuals
- Ensure compliance with Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and regulatory policies, and practices
- Ability to work in demanding environments (noise, dust, contamination)
- Must have a minimum of 3 years industrial planning experience, including a minimum of 5 years industrial maintenance experience
- Extensive experience will be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions in English, short correspondence, and memos, such as supervisory instructions, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and work orders
- Ability to effectively share information about job duties in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
- Must be able to develop parts needs from manufacturing BOM
- Understands process related to Maintenance Storeroom.
- Proficient computer skills to include Excel, Word, and Access
- Ability to read schematics and prints
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few variables in standardized situations
- Safe and efficient in task completion and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret piping and instrumentation drawings
- A positive and proactive attitude towards safety is essential
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a continuous improvement mindset and be able to seek greater knowledge and understanding of the systems, processes, and hazards
- A hands-on leader with a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment
- Strong team player with other technical and non-technical team members
- A quick learner with excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent problem solver
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Motivated, methodical, and optimistic
- Strong analytical, negotiation and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated interest in cleantech, electric vehicles or renewable energy a plus