Reports to: Program Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya, Hivos Regional Hub.
Deadline: June - October 2023
Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies. As a co-implementer of the Voice program, Hivos seeks qualified candidates for the position of: Regional Roving Grant Officer “VOICE”
Voice is an innovative grant facility financed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands to support rightsholders and groups facing marginalisation or discrimination in their efforts to exert influence in accessing productive and social services and political participation. Voice operates in a context where civic space and power is shifting at a fast pace, and often closing rather than opening. Voice is implemented in ten countries in Africa and Asia, by a consortium between Oxfam Novib and Hivos. For more information please visit www.voice.global
Oversee timely finalisation of grant approvals and onboarding on new grantee partners in Mali and Niger.
- Support the finalisation of contracting processes for pending approvals in Mali
Oversee timely preparation for extension phase closures for grantee partners in Mali and Niger.
- Ongoing review of archiving on Box, smartsheet and atlas updates in coordination with country teams as preparation for extension phase closures
Jointly coordinate the planning and conduct of the final evaluation
- Supporting the operational conduct of the consultations and reflections.
- Reviewing and offering inputs to the progress and final reports.
- Supporting the organisation and facilitation of validation workshops as well as adhoc support to the evaluation consultants.
- Drafting the management response etc.
Lead ongoing monitoring and evaluation efforts for Africa teams including multicountry grantee partners
- Accompanying the Africa Regional Roving Grants Officer on monitoring visits to multicountry grantee partners and the Anglophone Africa country teams on visits to national grantee partners as needed and in line with project plans.
- Jointly monitor regional and national trends, regulations, and their effect on grant implementation at the multicountry level and in Mali and Niger.
- Jointly coordinating the quarterly knowledge sharing sessions as well as contributing to enhancing information flows.
- Support and oversee the implementation of activities outlined in the African countries’ M&E plans.
- Lead information gathering exercises including outcome harvesting for African country teams as well as Africa multicountry grantees (TBC).
- Taking part in quarterly Management Information System (MIS) Meetings as well as inputting an analysis on Outcome indicators in the MIS report.
- Support and oversight on outcome indicator planning for new grantee partners as well as ongoing updates for active partners.
- Jointly (in collaboration with the roving M&E Officer Asia) facilitating sharing and use of information generated from M&E processes
Play a role in the Global Coordination Team as a driver of collective processes
- Drafting of the annual plan for 2024.
- Finalisation of the process manual as required.
- Inputs to the Voice post 2024 conversation.
- 5 years experience with large scale grant management, preferably at regional level.
- Knowledge of and affinity with work to enhance social inclusion and challenge discrimination and marginalisation, including lobby and advocacy.
- Strong organisational and coordinating skills;
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritise multiple projects;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to make administrative/ procedural decisions and judgments;
- Ability to analyse budgetary line items for compliance with budget guidelines;
- Willingness to travel in the region and beyond.
Want to Apply
Submit your application through Bamboo by the 24th May 2023.