Contract: Indefinite Term, full time
Location: Based in Bogotá, Colombia with occasional travel to region.
Reports to: Senior Regional MEAL Officer
Eligibility: Must be legally able to work in Colombia
Relocation Allowance: Not applicable – This is a national position
Language requirements: Fluent in Spanish and English
ABOUT CUSO INTERNATIONAL
Cuso International is an international cooperation and development organization that works to create economic and social opportunities for marginalized groups. Together with our partners, we are focused on efforts to advance gender equality and social inclusion, improve economic resilience, and deliver progress on climate action. We believe that by sharing skills, we can build better futures. Cuso presently supports programs implemented in Africa, Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC).
ABOUT THE ROLE
Cuso International is currently implementing the Sustainable Colombian Opportunities for Peacebuilding and Employment (SCOPE) project. SCOPE provides skills training and job placements for at-risk youth, women, victims of the conflict, returned Colombians and Venezuelan migrants to increase their access to the labour formal market in seven major Colombian cities: Soacha-Bogotá, Medellín, Cali, Cartagena, Barranquilla, Buenaventura and Quibdó. Since the beginning of 2022, key components of the SCOPE model are being scaled-up in Colombia and replicated in Ecuador and Peru. Under the supervision of the Senior Regional MEAL Officer (SRMO), the RMO will be responsible for bringing support to MEAL activities, and in particular contributing to the collection and analysis of results, information, and data necessary for the effective project management and compliance with the donor and Cuso International reporting requirements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- In coordination with the SRMO, support MEAL activities for the implementation and management of MEAL systems for the SCOPE project, including activities in Colombia, Ecuador and Peru.
- Contribute to data collection and analysis of the Performance Measurement Framework including indicators, targets and Performance Indicator Reference Sheets in accordance with the KPI set for the SCOPE Project, including Colombia, Ecuador and Peru, as well as incorporate learnings and changes in the project environment.
- In coordination with SRMO, support training of all SCOPE staff, MEAL consultants and partners in Colombia, Ecuador, and Peru to ensure that data collection is performed adequately.
- Participate in training with all staff and project partners in Colombia, Ecuador and Peru on the MEAL system and data collection tools.
- Participate in regular production, updating and incorporation of key lessons learned from the SCOPE project.
- Contribute to the production of SCOPE qualitative and quantitative reports as required by Cuso International and Global Affairs Canada (GAC).
- Participate in the implementation of external evaluation and research production.
- Contribute to the regular update, maintenance and cleaning of all databases and platforms of beneficiaries and participants of the project.
- Contribute to the update and construction of data collection tools as well as collaborative evaluation methodology.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- In coordination with the SRMO, support the implementation of a SCOPE Knowledge Management and Learning Strategy, including the development of specific knowledge and learning products as required by the SRMO.
- In coordination with the SRMO, manage information, data collection and analysis and participate in investigation process.
- Provide feedback to SCOPE staff and Cuso International based on monitoring and evaluation reports and analysis of impact data.
- Fulfill other responsibilities, as required by the SRMO.
- Regular travel within Colombia and internationally when required.
- University Degree in a relevant field.
- At least 2 years of experience in the area of MEAL and/or data management for development programs.
- At least 1 years of experience working in the field of international cooperation program including but not limited to the sectors of MEAL, administration and finance and data management.
- Demonstrated experience using MEAL related software, such as Caspio and Microsoft Power BI.
- Well-developed experience with annual work planning, including designing indicators and targets.
- Proven experience preparing large narrative reports in English for international donors.
- Proven experience working with Global Affairs Canada and/or other international development agencies and donors, such UN agencies (e.g., UNHCR), USAID and the European Union.
- Demonstrated knowledge of program/project management cycles.
- Significant knowledge of MEAL systems and frameworks.
Capacities, Skills, and Competencies
- Excellent understanding of the results-based management, including tools and applications.
- Proven commitment to advancement of gender equality and women’s rights and empowerment.
- Ability to make decisions and take initiative, as part of managing a complex and varied workload.
- Excellent strategic thinking and analytical abilities.
- Excellent cross-cultural interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop internal and external relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, and web-based research.
HOW TO APPLY
Cuso International is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive culture. We strive to actively celebrate diversity, advance our equitable practices, and drive greater inclusion. We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package, generous days of paid time off, including vacation and sick days, and more.
Please click the "Apply for This Job" button to submit your application by February 22, 2023, at 11:59 PM (EST). Expressions of interest should be sent in English. Your résumé and one-page cover letter should demonstrate how you meet all the essential and any desirable qualifications. Please note that a confirmation email will be generated once you submit your application, but it may be directed to your spam or junk folders of your email inbox.
Cuso International is committed to the integrity of our volunteers, interns, staff, managers, board members and subcontractors in preventing sexual violence in the way we operate. This is done through a defined framework, code of conduct, values and guiding principles, as well as Cooperation Canada’s Leaders’ Pledge.
Cuso International is an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations will be provided at any stages of the hiring process upon request. Thank you for your interest in Cuso International.