Regional Manager – Francophone Canada
Salary Range: $59,670- $77,220
WHO WE ARE
Up With Women / Exponenti’elles is a national charity dedicated to helping recently homeless and at-risk women and gender diverse individuals to build a sustainable pathway out of poverty. Currently serving in 4 provinces and growing (British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec), Up With Women/Exponenti’elles is committed to serving our clients in the official language of their choice, anywhere within our service areas.
We are a team of passionate, innovative professionals, most with lived experience of the intersecting issues of poverty. We are flexible, pro-mom, pro-mental health, pro-human, and we are proud to be building a healthy and fun workplace together.
- Our work environment is evolving. We are dedicated to providing a productive and collaborative remote working experience for all staff. We also have learned from experience that some face to face is important to being able to nurture the culture, creativity, interconnection and psychological safety of our team. Currently, our staff work mostly from home, and it is still a requirement to come into the office about once a month or every six weeks, as well as when required by your manager or the organization.*
- Ability to also travel within Canada will be required.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
WHO YOU ARE
You are a creative, experienced, self-motivated go-getter who is excited about the opportunity to work and grow in a proven, innovative and entrepreneurial high-impact charity.
This opportunity is perfect for you if you are an energized, passionate and experienced partnerships developer and manager, excited to grow our agency relationships and program delivery in Francophone Canada. Your track record, insights, innovation and passion for building strong agency relationships will help shape our program delivery and impact.
Reporting to the National Director of Programs, you would be responsible for growing and delivering our key program activities across Canada. This includes and is not limited to, outreach, recruitment, interviewing, vetting, training, onboarding, client and volunteer support, program events, and program conclusion.
You will be accountable for meeting partner development and program delivery targets and growing our program opportunities to align with the strategic plan.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As part of our diverse team, your role may include accountabilities that fall under the following categories:
- Manage and maintain partnerships with various community agencies and organizations, shelters, drop-ins, neighborhood, immigrant and health programs and centers and local government agencies.
- Deliver informative and engaging presentations to agencies and prospective agency partners and clients, virtually and/or in person.
- Recruit volunteer professional coaches and build relationships with coach associations and schools.
- Meet key program targets such as the number of agencies/clients recruited.
- Work with the team to help build the coach and other skilled volunteer communities, assisting with the development of educational professional development sessions and group meetings.
- Manage and facilitate group sessions for clients and volunteers.
- Recruit, interview and train new staff, clients and volunteers.
- Where needed, you will help interview and select clients and skilled volunteers for the Career Coaching program.
- Set priorities and recognize emergencies to be acted on and carry out these priorities.
Operations and Fundraising
- Assist in local fundraising, including presenting, grant and proposal writing, setting up major donor meetings, and fundraising or thank you events as needed.
- Upon request, attend meetings to represent UWW and ensure follow-up.
- Coordinate complex operational services including, but not limited to, scheduling, planning, preparing documents and detailed project plans.
- Review and analyze correspondence and documents received and, when required, synthesize the required documents and propose actions.
- Prepare letters, reports, or other documents
- Cooperate directly with other members of the UWW team to obtain the information necessary for the preparation of documents for UWW Leadership.
Other duties assigned as required.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French are required. Any additional language(s) would be considered a plus.
- 5-10 years of experience in non-profits, social impact organizations, government or community agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and interface effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strategic planning skills and experience, with a demonstrated ability to track progress and keep record across multiple important priorities.
- Equity, diversity and inclusion skills and experience, with a demonstrated ability to create and implement sustainability initiatives.
- Strong operational, analytical, communication, interpersonal and presentation competencies.
- High computer literacy skills.
- Trauma informed.
- Minimum of 2 years working in a management position is strongly preferred.
- Project, program and change management skills and experience, with a demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or relevant to the position will be considered an asset, but not essential.
- A combination of lived experience and non-academic credentials is also valued.
HOW WE WORK
Up With Women/Exponenti’elles hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodation.
If you share our passion for gender equity and poverty reduction, and thrive in a collaborative, values-based culture where creativity and innovation are rewarded, please consider applying for this role.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
Interested? Please submit your C.V. and covering letter here by September 30, 2022. Thank you, in advance, for applying. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted.
*Management reserves the right to determine at its discretion whether all or certain groups of employees may have to work from the office, depending on operational needs.