Employer : Village Enterprise
Job Title**:** Regional Information Technology (IT) Support Manager
Reports to**:** Director of Technology Solutions
Industry**:** Non-profit/International Development
Function**:** Information Technology, System Administration, training, and technical support
Position Type**:** Full Time
Direct Reports**:** Country IT Coordinators
Location**:** Kenya, Uganda or Rwanda
At Village Enterprise, our mission is to end extreme poverty in rural Africa through entrepreneurship and innovation. Technology solutions are at the center of our work and as the team grows, we are seeking a Regional IT Support Manager with a strong background in all-round management of computing systems. The holder of this role will play a key role in the management of processes and procedures for the organization’s rapidly growing use of technology for internal efficiency, productivity, and program delivery. He/She will be responsible for maintaining the organization’s current technology solutions, assets, and resources across Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda, including mobile for data collection, training, and general technology support.
Reporting directly to the Director of Technology Solutions, the holder of this position will work with a dynamic technology solutions team to support Village Enterprise’s program operations, and also with other staff in supporting various functional teams to ensure that technology tools are functioning optimally. The primary role for this position is to support and maintain in-house hardware and software resources including support, troubleshooting, and training of staff in achieving the best use of these resources to increase productivity. Specific responsibilities for this role include:
Technology Management and Support
- This role will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with providers of technology services (hardware and software) and ensure we are constantly in line with market quality standards in procurement and maintenance of technology resources to meet the work needs of field teams
- He/She will oversee maintaining inventory of IT assets (laptops, tablets, phones, & other hardware/software), working with country-level IT Coordinators to ensure that all staff have the right tools to enable them deliver on their roles. They will also support the IT Coordinators at country level in developing inventory review log, maintenance plan, and documentation standards including – but not limited to – an asset management system to ensure constant visibility of asset custody, issuance, and return
- Review and optimize technology set-up in field offices, including but not limited to internet systems/providers, surge protection, power back up, conferencing facilities, sharing and security of devices/networks, and replacement of office hardware
- Support the development of annual technology budget based on human resource and programme resourcing requirements
- The position holder will be responsible for the oversight and management of all organization’s information technologies (IT) assets
- Oversee and provide support to all IT processes and maintain quality of IT resources, ensuring that all staff have the hardware and software resources they need through timely acquisition, set up and deployment across all our countries of operation.
- Develop, deploy and oversee mechanisms for ensuring security of all organisation’s systems and data.
- Manage a team of country-level IT Coordinators who provide day-to-day technology support
Innovation and Capacity Development
- Participate in technology planning and building of a system architecture that supports the needs of the various functional teams within the organization.
- Support the rollout of technology-related tools, platforms and innovations through staff training and troubleshooting.
- Develop draft documentation for processes and procedures regarding IT systems for both administrators and end users Documentation includes but is not limited to; IT administration manuals, policies for management/maintenance/ replacement, end user training documents, and security protocols
- Support annual refresher trainings (either remote or in-person) on use of new as well as current systems and hardware
- Support training for new employees and for rollout of new systems/hardware. Work with HR department to develop standard onboarding training
- "Safeguarding at VE is everyone’s responsibility"
- Monitor the content being stored on VE digital equipment to ensure no sexually inappropriate material is being shown to staff or program participants
- Ensure compliance with VE’s safeguarding policies and Code of Conduct in all programs, operations and practices
- Report any incident of child or adult safeguarding in program operations for appropriate action and follow up
Qualification and Experience
- The ideal candidate for this position should have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in any ICT-related field with at least 4 years’ working experience in ICT training, troubleshooting/support, and team management.
- A creative person, self-starter with an invention mindset and able to train others in using existing and new technologies, ensuring that field staff can independently use hardware and software resources effectively.
- Able to proactively seek solutions to technical challenges with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated expertise in all-round management and overseeing support teams.
- Excellent customer service and strong written and oral communication skills
Applications should be received no later than COB East African Time on the Friday 16th September 2022. Please do not contact Village Enterprise to enquire about the status of your application, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Village Enterprise is an equal opportunity employer.