SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year. To support us with this important responsibility we are now looking for a committed:
Regional Grants Management & Institutional Partnership Development (IPD) Advisor
Location: Dakar, Senegal
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the leadership of the Head of IPD, the Regional Grants Management & IPD Advisor is responsible for creating opportunities to diversify and mobilize financial resources by driving institutional fundraising and strategic partnerships with multi-lateral, government and foundation donors across West, Central and North Africa (WCNA). S/he will support the regional IPD team to implement the new Global IPD Strategy, aligning activities with SOS International’s 2030 Strategy. S/he will be responsible for supporting Member Associations to secure local IPD opportunities and for building their capacities in partnership development and donor contract acquisition. S/he will also support the sound grant management of donor-funded projects and ensure compliance with donor regulations and SOS policies:
- Coordinate and facilitate IPD processes across WCNA, supporting the implementation of a Regional IPD Action Plan and contributing to improved standards, processes and tools.
- Act as regional IPD focal point in providing support to selected National Associations.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with donors and stakeholders, positively representing the organisation’s aims and objectives.
- Monitor and identify funding opportunities.
- Lead and/or facilitate the preparation of high-quality concept notes and proposals
- Ensure high-quality donor servicing and grant management in compliance with donor regulations and SOS policies.
- Contribute to organisational learning by facilitating capacity building activities in Project Cycle Management (PCM) and the development of concept notes & proposals.
- Support programme innovation through research and close monitoring of the development sector.
- Ensure regular and proactive communication between internal stakeholders at the international, regional and national levels and external partners.
- Lead and/or participate in cross-functional processes to increase long-term net income and quality institutional partnerships
- Support WCNA IPD Network, linking IPD Focal Points across the region to develop and share best practices and lessons learnt
- Supervise (HR management, operations, reporting) regional Project Coordinators funded under IPD contracts when applicable
- University degree in International Development, Project Management, Business or related field, preference for post-graduate qualifications.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ working experience in the development sector in a similar role
- Strong understanding of funding environment, donor regulations and international development cooperation polices.
- Strong understanding of project management (Project Cycle Management, LFA, Results-Based Management) and grant management.
- Proven experience developing and maintaining effective donor relationships.
- Record of accomplishment in identifying funding opportunities, developing and securing donor contracts, and monitoring and reporting on implementation.
- Capacity building, training, workshop facilitation and coaching skills and experience.
- Basic financial management skills, including budget development and monitoring.
- Excellent written and spoken English and French, Portuguese/Spanish an asset
- Good knowledge of standard computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Knowledge of database packages useful
- Willing to travel regularly to international and remote project sites (up to 25% of time)
- Positive and professional approach: willingness to learn, highly organised, commitment to deadlines, results focused, strong analytical skills, and independent / self-motivated.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, communication and negotiation skills necessary to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Support of SOS CVI’s vision, mission and values is essential
- Experience in Child Protection, Community Empowerment and/or Gender Equality.
- Experience in remote team management, including support and training from a distance
- Experience working in a federation structure
- International professional experience, work experience in multiple WCNA countries.
- Diverse, creative and challenging opportunities in an international working environment
- Possibility to make significant contribution towards the development of Member Associations in the Region
- Competitive compensation package and excellent development opportunities In accordance with the organisation’s child protection policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks
What We Stand For:**
SOS Children’s Villages is committed to creating and maintaining a caring and protective environment, which promotes its core values, and prevents and addresses child abuse and exploitation. We strongly condemn all forms of child abuse and exploitation, be it within or outside of our organization, and always respond to any case of proven, alleged or attempted abuse within our sphere of influence according to its nature. Eff orts ensure that mechanisms are in place to raise awareness, aid prevention, encourage reporting and ease response. They range from human resource development actions such as training and counselling to measures such as suspension, dismissal, and legal action
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application: CV including 3 references, cover letter and two examples of grants which you have successfully secured (donor, amount, countries, and application type) by May 31st, 2023 .
SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.sos-childrensvillages.org/__.
The position title (Regional Grants & IPD Advisor) must be mentioned in the subject line. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.