Taipei - Taiwan
Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the companyworks directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
Shorelight is looking for a Recruitment Manager to execute a student recruitment strategy across Taiwan, targeted at international students seeking a US or UK university degree. The role will include account management of Shorelight’s regional network recruiters, schools and universities, along with building and managing direct-to-student marketing campaigns that drive enrollments to Shorelight’s university partners.
This position is based in Taipei and directly reports to the Regional Manager, North Asia.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Execute student recruitment strategies, partnering with the global Marketing team for all advertising strategies and collateral
- Manage key channel accounts and partnerships to achieve enrollment targets for all university partnerships
- Follow a data-driven approach to recruitment and monitor enrollment trends
- Report on all phases of the student recruitment process to the Regional Director, North Asia
- Maintain maximum levels of competitor awareness, product knowledge, and market intelligence
- Travel extensively to attend recruitment and outreach activities, seminars, conferences, meetings, and training events
- Build strong and lasting relationships with current and prospective students, families, faculty, staff, agents, partners and other external institutions and vendors
- Execute on all stages of the recruitment process (inquiry, application, assessment, offer, acceptance, visa applications,orientation, ) with strong focus on conversion of inquiries to applications
- Work effectively with the university liaisons to ensure smooth entry into the school or program (work with Financedepartment on incoming deposits, tracking of payments, processing of agent contracts and commissions as necessary, assisting with form completion, coordinating arrival transportation for new incoming students, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business, international relations, or related area
- 5 - 7+ years of experience in the international education/recruitment industry in Taiwan
- Strong sales and account management skills
- Proven track record of working collaboratively in a matrix governance model
- Strategic-minded and sales-driven, strong drive for results, pressure-resilient
- Proficiency with technology and reporting systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exemplary customer service skills and ability to contribute to a customer service centric culture within the team
- Willingness to travel
- Bilingual in English and Chinese
- Existing network and relationships within the education industry in Taiwan
- Strong working knowledge of key international markets, programs and products, and US higher education
- Experience in digital marketing and/or knowledge of the Taiwan blogging community
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.