We are The Forward Trust (formerly RAPt and Blue Sky), the social enterprise with charitable status that empowers people to break the often interlinked cycles of crime and addiction to move forward with their lives. For more than 25 years we have been working with people to build positive and productive lives, whatever their past. We believe that anyone is capable of lasting change. Our services have supported thousands of people to make positive changes and build productive lives with a job, family, friends and a sense of community.
We believe and are committed to providing opportunities to all people including those with ‘Lived Experience’ we encourage applications from all background including those in recovery from addiction, co-dependency or gambling, have experience of previous offending or homelessness.
What you will be doing?
As a Recovery Worker, you will be working within an integrated healthcare framework to provide support to drug and alcohol users aged 18 and over (dependent on service). Services are designed to deliver Psychosocial Drug and Alcohol Interventions for Service users that are identified as having an Alcohol or drug problem.
You will be responsible for contributing to the targets set by Forward and the local commissioners. One of the key targets will be measuring outcomes, so co-operative working relationships with other partner agencies is vital to this role
Flexibility will be required in this role, this may include some evening/weekend shift and with reasonable notice to travel to other projects in your cluster to deliver services, enabling continuity of care for the client group.
- Carry out assessments risk/initial/comprehensive to inform treatment journeys. Carry out interventions relevant to individual client needs including 1:1 sessions and group work/programme facilitation.
- Referring and working in partnerships with other agencies including training and employment and family support Services to ensure that all client needs are met
- Coordinate and work alongside Health care to monitoring and manage client health and minimising risks of harm
- Develop and contribute to assessment and care planning of service users, supporting and coordinating their engagement with specialist agencies to address all their support needs.
- Motivate client to engage with support services identified in care plan and risk assessment.
- Support client with their care plan including referral to support services in the community, advice and guidance on housing, benefits and training and employment
What we are looking for?
- Experience of working within the substance misuse services.
- Experience of carrying out comprehensive assessments, risk management plans and the design and implementation of SMART care plans.
- Experience of delivering structured interventions to service users.
- Experience of facilitating groups.
- Using motivational interviewing techniques in both 1:1 and group settings.
- Strong IT skills.
- Understanding of continuity of care, holistic care needs and community services
- Experience of promoting and supporting Equality and Diversity
What we offer
- Training opportunities and career development
- Flexible working
- Season Ticket Loan Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days (rising to 30 with length of service) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme – Employer matched contributions of up to 6% in the first two years’ service and up to 9% thereafter
- Death in Service Payment (2x annual salary)
- Critical Illness Insurance (subject to qualifying criteria)