This post is key to the operational running of the organisation. The overall aim is to build a culture of accountability and rigorous project and budget management.
- Location: UK, Germany or Global South. Applicants must already have authorisation to work in preferred location.
- Salary: GBP 32,500-35,000, commensurate with experience (the range is aligned to London cost of living; if based in another location, the range will be adjusted accordingly)
- Contract type: full time, 5 days per week, 9-month contract
- Closing date: 17 May 2023 at 23:59:59 BST
- To apply: Complete and return this application form via our jobs portal. Kindly note that the application form is required; we will not accept CVs. If you need any additional support, please reach out to Giulia Vinzi at email@example.com
Project management change
- Maintaining and continuously improving BHRRC’s project management systems to better link with the finance system and planning, ensuring a robust financial and planning system is maintained for both internal and donor purposes.
- Contributing to the adoption of cultural changes within BHRRC in areas like planning, project management accountability, and supporting teams working with each other.
- Support the COO on the annual planning and budgeting process
- Develop a 1/4ly reporting and review system
- Take on Ad hoc project management responsibilities for specific projects as required.
Ongoing project management and accountability support
- Leading on accurate financial forecasting by working with project managers and development team.
- Being the first point of contact for budget development support, ensuring full costs are reflected in all budgets.
- Ongoing support to project managers in BHRRC - coaching and supporting them to increase financial and programming capability.
- Liaise with finance team and project managers to ensure costs have been accurately allocated on the financial system.
- Responsible for managing financial information available to project managers.
- Supporting project managers with onboarding of new partners, ensuring a suitable level of due diligence has been completed in accordance with donor agreements.
- Support the finance team in the completion of quarterly management accounts.
Grant Management Support
- Support the development team to ensure all financial donor reports are submitted on time.
- Coaching and support to project managers and development team on their financial reporting responsibilities.
- For complex grants taking on active responsibility for financial reporting.
- Responsible for donor financial due diligence and compliance with contracts.
- Provide advice to development team on financial compliance and contractual obligations.
- Calculate grant overheads on a quarterly basis – updating forecasts for the year.
- Maintain grant risk registers liaising with COO and development team where necessary.
- Assist in preparation of financial reports for audit reviews
Skills and competencies
- Strong project management skills
- Strong MS office, specifically Excel skills and on-line systems.
- Budget management
- Experience of using and managing components of a CRM (CiviCRM and Salesforce)
- Managing grants and contracts, ideally some of which have been Institutional grants within international development/human rights sector
- Fluent in English
In order to deliver this role both happily and effectively, you will be or have a:
- A desire to see systems implemented
- Process and implementation-oriented, solution-focused
- Ability to balance the needs of the whole organisation along with the needs of an individual project.
- An attitude of continuous improvement
- Engaging, being able to communicate with people at all levels
- Assertive, can make your views known in a clear and confident way
- Clear thinker, able to prioritise
- Reliable, will meet deadlines
- Convincing, able to influence across the organisation
- Able to work collaboratively, however will take the lead where appropriate
- An eye for efficiency
- Natural commercial acumen, able to both devise and deliver grants and contracts in an economically sound way
- Ability to work remotely and bridge different time zones
TO APPLY: Complete and return this application form via our jobs portal. Kindly note that the application form is required; we will not accept CVs. If you need any additional support, please reach out to Giulia Vinzi at firstname.lastname@example.org