Project Officer/Manager – FSC Asia Pacific
This is a local position working for Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) under the employment of WWF Hong Kong to be based in Hong Kong.
The Forest Stewardship Council®, headquartered in Bonn, Germany, is a global not-for-profit organisation dedicated to promoting responsible forest management around the world. As the world’s most trusted sustainable forest management solution, FSC certification ensures that forest products are responsibly managed and harvested. The FSC label enables businesses and consumers to make informed choices about the forest products they buy; and creates positive change in the markets, communities and forests of today and tomorrow.
Officially established in 1994, FSC operates in over 80 countries around the world. Today, there are 230 million hectares of forests and over 50,000 Chain of Custody certificates certified to the FSC standards globally. The FSC Asia Pacific regional office, opened in Hong Kong in 2011, oversees FSC local operations, which include ten offices throughout the region, to achieve our goal of “Forests For All, Forever”.
Principal Functions and Purpose of the position:
- This position is an important role responsible for supporting the organisation to accomplish regional projects by establishing an information hub to link supply and demand across APAC and expanding the reach of FSC across the region
- Working with FSC teams and knowledge partners in APAC region and around the world to accomplish the different goals with tangible outputs and outcomes by regional projects
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct report to the Head of Market Development, APAC in FSC
- To implement project work plan and engagement strategy for sustainable tropical timber trade and other related market development initiatives
- To support project team in APAC to ensure project implementation and delivery effectiveness across the region under set timelines
- To build a sustainable tropical timber trade network contributed by corperates and related stakeholders
- To develop and maintain a sustainable tropical timber online information hub
- To organize meetings, info sessions, webinars or forum etc. to educate about responsible forestry
- To promote and raise FSC market awareness
- To provide support to relevant government bodies, industry associations, NGO partners and FSC certificate holders to help strengthening FSC’s position and relevance in the APAC region
- To conduct reports for projects in timely manner
Required Functional Skills:
- University degree or equivalent experience in Website Design, Business Administration, Marketing or Supply Chain Management
- Possesses 5 years of experience in project management, Website development, Marketing, Market Development or Supply Chain Management
- Obtained formal training in project management will be an advantage
- Experience in website development and survey delivery is a must
Required Behavioural Skills:
- Strong attention to details
- Outstanding communication skills especially for presentation and interpretation to complex projects in clear and concise approach both visually, in written and verbally
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) is a must
- Cantonese/Mandarin or additional Asian language is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office tools, particularly in MS Power Point and EXCEL as well as data visualization tools, ideally PowerBI
- Active-listening with positive interpersonal skills
- Self-initiated and ability to work independently and collaboratively well as a member of a multi-cultural, inter-disciplinary, and multi-lingual global team
Interested candidates, please submit your application there.
We offer a 5-day work week and competitive rewards and benefits package to the right candidate. Interested party please apply with full resume, stating present and expected salary and available date. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
To find out more about us, please visit our website at https://asiapacific.fsc.org now.