PROJECT OFFICER – 2 POSITIONS
DUTY STATIONS – MONARAGALA & GALLE
CONTRACT MODALITY: 1 YEAR FIXED TERM
SOS Children’s Villages Sri Lanka is seeking Project Officers to the Programme Department to implement the Youth Entrepreneurship Skills Development Project. The Project Officer will be expected to coordinate and counsel the care leavers and organize reskilling programs and entrepreneurship development training.
This position will report to the Director National Youth Care and the Functional Supervision will lie with the Director Programmes.
- Identify and finalize project beneficiaries.
- Support care leavers to complete reskilling programmes and provide employment support.
- Organize and coordinate entrepreneurship development training for care leavers and youth.
- Support the finance department to provide seed capital / raw material and equipment support for the project beneficiaries.
- Support project beneficiaries to identify most important and appropriate equipment and materials.
- Meet all the relevant parties to present progress of care leavers.
- Identify the issues of the youth / care leavers who are enrolled as project beneficiaries.
- Provide logistic support to conduct workshops /trainings and meetings.
- Support to conduct employability skills development training for care leavers.
- Support care leavers and youth to find employment, start enterprises and support to gain work experiences.
- Support to conduct training on coping mechanisms.
- Implement Monitoring and evaluation activities and update project database.
- Maintains good working relationships with the SOS mothers, all other co-workers and staff of SOSCVSL.
- Report writing and documentation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree / Diploma in Project Management, Sociology or any other relevant discipline.
- Candidates should be able to communicate fluently (both written and oral) in English and Sinhala or Tamil.
- Candidates with a minimum of six month experience in project management, project implementation and monitoring & evaluation will be desired.
- Those who are proficient in MS office, E –Mail and E -Conferencing tools (MS Teams / Zoom etc.,) will be given preference.
- Candidates with the ability to work with minimum supervision and a high degree of adaptability and team work will have a definite advantage.
Please submit your application along with the details of 3 non related referees on or before 27th December 2022.
SOS Children’s Villages Sri Lanka is committed to protecting its staff, programme participants and the communities we serve (both children and adults) from harm from child abuse, sexual harassment, exploitation, abuse and all other types of harm. Every individual who joins SOS Children’s Villages Sri Lanka should understand his/her responsibility in ensuring a safeguarding environment. The highest standards of selection, recruitment and authentication procedures will be applied for all employment opportunities, including thorough cross-checking of references and submitting a current police clearance certificate.
www.soschildrensvillages.lk – A loving home for every child