PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As the Child and Youth Empowerment for Climate Change Action (CYECCA) Project Officer, you will be responsible for the overall management, coordination, implementation and quality of the CYECCA project in Vientiane Capital and Houaphanh Program Areas. In addition, you will work closely with all relevant government partners at Vientiane, Houaphanh and district levels, teachers, students and youth trainers in program. You will liaise with the ChildFund in Laos Child Rights and Governance Program Manager to ensure the high quality of the CYECCA project activities.
- Lead the delivery of CYECCA project activities with schools in Vientiane Capital and Houaphanh program areas, with a focus on children and youth;
- Ensure the project is adapted to each cultural context and community;
- Carry out all required monitoring and evaluation activities to comply with project funding requirements;
- Provide timely and accurate reports on project implementation including quarterly narrative reports and activity reports;
- Manage direct budget costs and ensure that all the activities are carried out within the assigned budget;
- Support Youth Volunteer with assisting student leaders to implement activities on the Life Skills and Climate Change Awareness at primary schools;
- Support Youth Volunteer to mentor youth leaders who implements the activities at their secondary schools.
- Ensure informed consent and media policies are understood and applied;
- Provide support to the local finance team for the preparation of quarterly financial reports;
- Understand, and perform in an exemplary manner, all relevant ChildFund policies and procedures;
- Co-ordinate closely and support stakeholders/partners to ensure that activities run according to plan;
- Participate in regular project staff and counterpart meetings;
- Maintain appropriate relationships with partner communities, with a focus on those directly engaged in the Child and Youth Empowerment for Climate Change Action Project;
- Complete other task as directed by line manager or senior managers
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and promote strong safeguarding practices, understand ChildFund’s child safeguarding policy & procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualification in relevant or related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with an INGO or NPA;
- Strong experience engaging with children and youth in community development and communication activities;
- Experience producing high quality project reports in Lao and English language;
- Fluency in Lao and English (including typing skills)
- Experience in the effective coordination of teams to achieve high-standard, timely results;
- Experience leading a child and youth development project
- Current or previous working experience in programs development in Laos;
- Experience with innovations and willingness to work in new collaborations and partnerships;
- Experience on Climate Change project is an advantage.
ChildFund Australia believes in a global community where children are safe and can reach their full potential. We take extensive steps to safeguard children in any work done by our people, i.e., our staff, volunteers and interns, supporters, partners, board members, ambassadors and suppliers. We strive to keep children safe through child safe practices, and rigorously ensure we prevent, oppose, and combat all exploitation and abuse of children and vulnerable people. As part of this commitment, all people working with us will undergo relevant background checks before joining ChildFund Australia.
Location: : ChildFund in Laos, Saphanthong Neua Village, House No. 598, Unit 26, Sisattanak District, Vientiane, Laos
Employment: Full-time, Initial two-year employment agreement, with option to extend upon mutual agreement
Reports to: Child Rights and Governance Program Manager
Other information: Must have criminal background check before joining the organisation
Please apply: no later than 4.30 pm of 30th September 2022