One Tree Planted is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit focused on global reforestation. As an environmental charity, we are dedicated to making it easier for individuals and businesses to give back to the environment, create a healthier climate, protect biodiversity, and help reforestation efforts around the world. All by planting trees!
The ideal start date for this position is as soon as possible
A versatile position at a nonprofit that wants to make it simple for anyone to help the environment by planting trees. Together we can restore forests, create habitat for biodiversity, and make a positive social impact around the world.
- Reports to our Director of Projects North America
- We are looking for a dynamic individual to add to our fast-growing team. The ideal Project Manager will be responsible for the overall management of the project and for coordination with our planting partners. donors as well as other ongoing projects. You would be working with our larger Global Project Management Team by vetting and overseeing our projects and partnerships in the region from start to finish.
- Seek out new tree planting partners and projects throughout the North Western United States in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming;
- Grow the capacity of existing partnerships and projects to scale up One Tree Planted impact in the region;
- Review and vet incoming project proposals, including project design, budget, timeline, projected impacts, carbon sequestration and monitoring protocols;
- Monitor progress with frequent check-ins with planting partners via phone, Zoom, and email;
- Prepare agreements and file on all required platforms;
- Ensure payments are delivered according to schedule;
- Manage digital reporting platform for major donors and ensure reports are delivered at a consistently high standard;
- Communicate project details to the broader team for fundraising and storytelling purposes;
- Communicate with current and prospective donors about projects and their impacts;
- Collaborate with communications and video production team on marketing and reporting material;
- Sourcing/development of reforestation/carbon projects for major donors that meet their specific sustainability objectives
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Driver’s License Required
- Ability to work remotely and manage a flexible schedule with frequent international calls
- Excited to speak to lots of different people every day, from Fortune 500 companies to small community groups
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proficiency in Spanish (preferred, not required)
- Proficient with Google Suite and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of platforms such as Airtable, Salesforce or other CRMs is an asset
- Self-motivated and highly organized, with strong attention to detail
- Collegial personality, enthusiastic and a team player
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and creatively address challenges
- Ideal Location: (Western USA, Remote)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
COMPENSATION: typical starting range is $60,000 - $65,000 USD which will be based on skills and experience. Annual performance increase may be available but not guaranteed.
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive PTO Plan
- Health and Wellness plans for U.S. Staff
- Yearly bonus
- Retirement plans with competitive employer contribution
- Travel opportunities, international and domestic
- Cover letter indicating your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit with the organization.
- Your resume.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Responsibilities, duties may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. One Tree Planted is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.