Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.**
The Global Power, Water, Internet (PWI) Accelerator advances existing Heifer Signature Program goals through targeted technology, equipment, appliances, and innovative financial interventions, to further the pathway to a sustainable living income for smallholder farmers.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Power, Water, Internet (PWI) Global, the Project Manager, Power, Water, Internet (PWI) Global is responsible for oversight of a portfolio of PWI projects. S(he) will maintain focus on detailed project management, budgets, contractors and achieving optimum impact of the PWI Accelerator for project development and implementation. This role requires an effective communicator, leader, and collaborator to work with multiple teams globally.
A. PWI Project Management (75%)
- Provide headquarters oversight and detailed tracking of portfolio of PWI projects and their status, including in country implementation of project plans, budget, sources and uses of funds, schedule, and deliverables.
- Mobilize and manages PWI headquarters project subcontractors and vendors agreements, task orders, deliverables, and Reviews in-country Signature Program project subcontractors and vendor activities, agreements, task orders and deliverables.
- Liaises with other Heifer departments to manage project tracking, compliance, impact, and performance. In partnership with the Executive Director, Operations Director and MELs- ensure the funded interventions align Signature Program goals and are achieving PWI KPls, designed in the Results Framework.
- Supports Signature Program Directors and project teams with strategic project leadership and excellent management and oversight of submission of project proposals to PWI interventions for implementation and/or project funding, including writing, reviewing, and editing project concept, proposal and project plan, schedule, and
- Support the Signature Program Directors and project teams with compliance, procurement, financial management, internal and external reporting, document preparation, and other needs as identified.
- Support the Signature Program Director and project teams to effectively manage project risks in each phase of project implementation in a timely manner, to ensure fulfillment of objectives. Proactively troubleshoot problems as they arise, including those related to project implementation, human resources, management, finance, grants, and partner coordination, etc. Escalates any implementation bottlenecks to the Executive Director.
B. Reporting (20%)
- Presents PWI portfolio overview, status of each project and requests to the PWI Steering Committee on a regular basis.
- Track, summarize, and report the status of portfolio of project work plans, burn-rate, monthly and quarterly.
- Assist with documenting achievement of objectives and collection of data for the monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Draft projects summaries for annual reports, fund-raisers and on an as needed
C. Other job-related duties as assigned (5%)
- Given the PWI Accelerator is a new group, other unforeseen job duties may arise and be assigned on an as needed basis.
- Relevant master's degree
- A minimum of 5 years project management within development organizations, field experience
- In-depth knowledge of Heifer processes, protocols, reporting, and operations is a plus
- Experience managing, tracking, and reporting numerous, complex international development projects, simultaneously
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and writing abilities
- Demonstrated cross-cultural, interpersonal, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Ability to perform tasks independently with little to no direction or
- Must be detail-oriented
Starting salary for this position is $90k USD annually. Salary will be commensurate with experience and competency.
**Disclaimer: Salary for this position is based on U.S. labor market and salary scale.”
WHAT WE OFFER:
Heifer International offers a variety of benefits for U.S.-based employees working 30 or more hours per week.
- Health and wellness benefits including Flexible Spending Account and/or Health Saving Account
- Employee assistance program
- 403(b) retirement plan (match 1% employee to 2% employer up to a maximum of 4% match + 3% employer discretionary contribution regardless of employee contribution)
- 22 vacation days in addition to 12 statutory and discretionary holidays, and 10 sick days per year
- Employer-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D)
- Professional development and annual merit increase opportunities
- Optional critical illness insurance, legal assistance plan and pet protection
- And more!