Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, values and commitment to diversity make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join us?
EDF’s Online Membership Program contributes nearly 15% of the organization’s annual fundraising received from its Members, sending over 10 million fundraising emails every year. The Online Membership staff works collaboratively with EDF program and fundraising consultants as well as the Digital Team to create superior online communications to our Members and prospective Members.
This position will be a critical contributor to EDF’s multi-channel efforts, helping to create a seamless Member experience and ensuring that the outbound online communications are in sync with offline and social media efforts.
The role of the Marketing Project Manager works under the direction of the Manager, Membership Operations to conduct low donor (under $5,000) fundraising, email and site testing, and email list management.
- Manage set up and execution of email fundraising campaigns utilizing our Convio CRM tool, including the development of online donate pages. Track, edit, and proofread all online fundraising copy. Regularly track and communicate the status to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain the online fundraising communications calendar and coordinate with the offline direct marketing team to ensure synergistic cross-channel communications.
- Work with our online and offline Database Teams to manage the segmentation of our online donors and activists to ensure that our constituents are receiving relevant & timely messages to increase revenue without sacrificing long-term file performance.
- Work closely with the Action Network Manager and the rest of the Membership Team to manage the messaging calendar to achieve our fundraising, list development, and donor conversion goals.
- Work with consultants and Membership team to develop and manage a comprehensive email and fundraising testing programs and to set up regular A/B split testing initiatives to maximize the efficacy of our initiatives.
- Develop and execute various donor upgrade strategies.
- Coordinate with the Analytics team to ensure that all online fundraising efforts are properly source coded and tracked.
- Work with the Digital Team to execute technical innovations to achieve messaging and fundraising goals.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the experiences fell connected, included and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- At least 4 years of online production experience handling all facets of setting up and deploying online fundraising campaigns.
- Extensive knowledge of Convio CRM tool (or similar online CRM software) is a must.
- Knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of online communications and fundraising.
- Ability to exhibit strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively by juggling concurrent multiple projects.
- Superior organization and prioritization skills and ability to meet high standards for quality control and accuracy under tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with environmental issues or similar grassroots political advocacy issues is preferred.
- Great attention detail – big and small.
- Desire to have fun in a fast paced, high energy environment.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization. We take into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
The pay range for this role is shown below.
Please note that pay ranges are country specific. As a result, the stated currency is not meant be converted into any other currency.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.