The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved, and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Assessment Services, a division within Xylem, uses industry leading technology to solve some of the world’s toughest infrastructure challenges globally. We need an adventurous, solution focused, technically oriented Project Manager (PM) to deliver best in class results to clients across Eastern Europe. If you want a chance to make a difference in the management of water while learning, keep reading. The PM will engage internal technical stakeholders as required to ensure we have appropriate technical expertise allocated to each scenario and will be the key contact for the client operations teams to resolve project related requirements and concerns. The PM will report to the Project Delivery Manager. The role requires a self-motivated professional who applies knowledge and expertise acquired through progressive experience to resolve crucial issues or unique conditions and receives administrative supervision with assignments given in terms of broad general objectives.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead tasks through hands-on project management and actively manage the project plan, deliverables, dependencies and outcome of assigned projects to ensure projects are on-schedule and on budget.
- Primary point of contact with client operations teams; enable open lines of communication between client, analysis and other support groups to ensure successful execution of the project
- Ensure highest quality reports and project deliverables meet or exceed both client and internal expectations by implementing a deliverable quality assurance review appropriate to the project size and scope.
- Facilitate meetings (such as planning meetings, project update meetings, deliverables meetings) with client, and other external stakeholders as necessary, to review and define scope of tasks; obtain additional documentation as required.
- Develop task execution plan that reflects/encompasses a full project schedule, budget and risks.
- Keep internal and external stakeholders informed of project activities and deliverables, flag unanticipated risks quickly to ensure appropriate risk mitigation strategies are implemented
- Review analysed results to identify trends to support engineering recommendations
- Coordinate supply chain and logistics teams to support equipment deliveries
- Accountable for the financial health of the project inclusive of schedule, budget, accurate forecasting and accruals while owning approved project margins for each project
- Create accurate and timely invoices; submit to clients in accordance to standards
- Accountable for adhering to project document control processes, ensuring project files are complete for future reference as required
- Available to support clients during non-routine business hours
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certifications:
- Post Secondary education, with a preferred minimum of 5 years project management or site management experience or High School Diploma with a preferred minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience
- Background in electrical, fiber optic or mechanical/plumbing equipment and operation preferred.
- Excellent team leadership skills and experience; prior indirect/direct supervisory experience an asset
- Engineering consulting, construction, and/or water/wastewater experience. Specific understanding of pressurized water transmission mains preferred.
- The ability to work logically and systematically, with good time management
- Previous experience working with remote / cross cultural teams
- Proven ability to make decisions that are based on analytics/facts/observations and adhere to standard operating procedures/policies
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills plus the ability to think laterally while offering creative solutions
- Proactive with a high level of attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- May be required to travel to meet with clients or be present for training. Less than 30%.