Svante is a rapidly growing clean energy technology company making commercial-scale carbon capture and removal a reality and enabling global industries to play offense in the fight against climate change that will accelerate the global transition to a lower-carbon economy. The growing success of our company is owed to our commitment to our people, our emphasis on our values, and our innovative technology. Passion is put into what we do every day.
If you value a culture that welcomes and includes everyone, and you want to be a part of a growing technology company that’s going to change the world, you’ve come to the right place.
The Role: Project Manager
The Project Manager will lead the assigned pre-FEED and FEED studies, including guiding the process technology engineering department efforts to ensure smooth delivery of assigned projects from start to finish and according to contract documents. The position will be accountable to create and maintain a culture of visible HSEC leadership and project execution excellence to represent the core values of Svante to internal and external channel to market partners. Furthermore the project manager will be closely working with the selected EPC partner to deliver Svante Engineering deliverables and equipment supply.
The Project Manager will be responsible for all Svante project-related deliverables for assign projects including proprietary original equipment (machine and filter beds) field installation, and design and delivery of small pilot plants skid-mounted systems in order to ensure that all activities are executed in accordance with Svante’s project procedures and policies.
You will manage project development activities within Svante, working together with external partners, and client stakeholders on a variety of industrial projects and pursuits. The Project Manager will be responsible for leading, administering and managing design teams, often in a dynamic, fluid and iterative development process, to meet project financial, schedule, and operational objectives, consistent with Svante’s core values. Most of the projects you will be responsible for will initially be FEL2 and FEL3 type of projects.
This position requires a seasoned professional manager of projects capable of balancing multiple competing priorities. These priorities include, but are not limited to: managing client expectations, maintaining positive and engaging client communication, meeting each project’s scope requirements within budgeted time and resources, managing a diverse, temporary (project based) workforce, providing guidance to the project team on how to maintain progress with limited information, identifying and documenting risk and developing a mitigation plan, managing time effectively, training staff on each job, modeling proper behavior with clients and in all other work environments, making effective work assignments at the right staff level, and building a collaborative team to achieve challenging objectives
In general, the Project Manager role consists of:
- Implementation of a behavior-based Health and Safety culture on the project.
- Risk management, including updating the risk register for the scope of work.
- Ensure the development of scope definition, planning and scheduling plan on all projects.
- Ensure the development and implementation of a project execution plan on all projects.
- Ensure the development and implementation of a construction and commissioning execution plan on all projects.
- Budget maintenance and performance.
- Consistency and change order management.
- Licensing and contract management.
- Coordinating the pool of resources required to execute the assigned projects within the project management, process technology engineering and small plant design teams.
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with the Product Group, Global Supply Chain Group and Technical Services Group.
- Work within a matrix environment to communicate and coordinate resource needs.
- Serve as primary Svante contact for the Client at the project level.
- Conduct/support weekly/monthly project design and performance status reviews with client representatives.
- Coordinate interface between the design development team and the estimating team, ensuring the estimate team is aligned with the base design and approach for the Project Development effort.
- Management of several pre-construction service and technology licensing contracts with EPCM contractors and service and construction packages.
- Prepare project proposal or plans and determine time frame, risk mitigation, procedures for accomplishing work, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources during various phases of the project.
- Ensuring the development of a Project Execution Plan, consisting of work plan, budget and staffing for each phase of the project.
- Develop, with VP of Project Delivery, corrective measures on projects where KPI’s and Project Reviews show problems.
- Develop and maintain project developer/ general contractor relationships with the goal of repeat profitable business.
- Develop presentations to the customer/EPC team by preparing and reviewing charts, reports, etc.
- Provide advice regarding any disputes, actions or potential claims again Svante’s contract.
- Regularly visit the project and construction sites in order to communicate the supporting interests of the project team.
- Evaluate the manpower availability for all projects and assign personnel on projects in a timely manner.
- Implement the establish Svante project standards and workflows and assist in the continuous improvement of these standards.
- Review and implement procedures to reflect new methodology and lessons learned.
- Assist in the preparation of training programs for personnel in order to support the employees in their development.
- Assist in the recruitment and hiring of qualified personnel to increase the level of competence in the group.
- Establish and respect the budget to cover the operating costs of the assigned projects.
- Ensuring that all cope changes are quickly and properly documented, and that change orders are approved prior to performance of work.
- Enhance working relationships amongst team members by carrying out appropriate team building and information sessions.
- Experience: 8+ years experience with preferably 5+ years’ experience performing engineering-related design or management within the industrial market.
- Education: Diploma, Bachelors or greater education in engineering or construction discipline, or equivalent years of experience.
- Expert Project Management skills including a practical, “roll-up your sleeves” style; Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and human relations skills; ability to work with people of varied technical backgrounds and at all management levels.
- Collaborative / team player comfortable leading as well as executing and taking constructive input from multiple sources.
- Observes health & safety and security procedures and demonstrates safety-based behavior culture.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills, and is able to effectively manage ambiguity and different stakeholders.
- Experienced in communicating ideas, winning approval, and reaching resolutions with a variety of audiences.
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity; adaptable, collaborative and a systems thinker.
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented and must constantly coach in order to develop team members.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.