Holcim builds progress for people and the planet. As a global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions, Holcim is enabling greener cities, smarter infrastructure and improving living standards around the world. With sustainability at the core of its strategy, Holcim is becoming a net zero company, with its people and communities at the heart of its success. The company is driving the circular economy as a world leader in recycling to build more with less. Holcim is the company behind some of the world’s most trusted brands in the building sector including ACC, Aggregate Industries, Ambuja Cement, Disensa, Firestone Building Products, Geocycle, Holcim and Lafarge.
Holcim is 70,000 people around the world who are passionate about building progress for people and the planet through four business segments: Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete, Aggregates and Solutions & Products. If you would like to get more information about our corporate organization in Switzerland specifically, please visit our company profile.
No agencies can be considered for this job posting.
- The ability to manage virtual teams
- Ability to deal with other functional areas; good understanding of the various stakeholders and their priorities
- Strong management skills, leading and guiding large diverse interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent people skills and team player, builds trust and is familiar to work in a diverse and adverse work environment
- Excellent communicator, result oriented with strong strategic and conceptual thinking
- Showing respect; politeness; using authority; positioning self; relationship building skill; creating trust; energizing others; modeling desirable traits; setting high standards; disciplined monitoring of performance; commitment; conflict resolution skills; continuous improvement approach, flexible listening, learning orientation
- Master’s degree, preferably in civil engineering and construction management
- Business Management education is an advantage
- Proven project management experience in cement or similar type of heavy industry with a minimum of 10 years in industrial project management and construction related fields
- Maintenance and operation experience would be an asset
- Tendering and contracting of large industrial plants in the heavy industry
- On-site project management and construction management experience
- On-site safety requirements in construction
- Project cost controlling and scheduling
Knowledge & Skills
Technical/ functional skills:
- Familiar with industry processes, engineering standards and equipment used in the cement or similar industries.
- Knowledge of cement industrial machinery for heavy industry applications
- Proven track record in industrial construction project management, estimation, project controlling and contract claims management and arbitration
- Knowledge and experience in construction and labor management
- Knowledge in construction and permitting specifically for emerging and developing countries
- Knowledge of design and engineering scope, cost and schedule control tools
- Team player and committed to ethics and group values
- Open to diversity and good communication verbal and written
- Self-starting and innovative
- Optimal self-controlled
- Guiding and developing others
- Teamwork oriented
- Strong analytical skills, high sense of priorities and decision-making ability
- Ability to work under pressure and in a matrix organization
- Capacity to forecast, analyze and mitigate risks
- Reporting timely and accurately
Capable to professionally communicate and negotiate in English and German. Fluency in other languages is a plus.
Local / International
Frequent business-related travels to project/supplier premises and construction sites or plants. Open to travel to areas that could have adverse living conditions, limited infrastructure and accessibility.