Grow with us as a Project Engineer (Remote) at Xylem!
What will I be doing?
The Project Engineer will be responsible and dedicated to customer service and communication to directly overseeing the core project management activities for the PPS business for allocated work. The Project Engineer will be required to monitor and minimise commercial and other risks for assigned projects. The incumbent must be skilled in project management techniques, stakeholder influence, delivering to forecasts and budgets and ensuring all company policies, frameworks, processes and procedures are adhered to, whilst maintaining the highest standards and forecast on Health & Safety.
A development path to the role over time is to be able to prepare customer quotations and designs for engineered pumping station solutions responding to customer enquiries with detailed quotations and complete mechanical designs for sewage and storm water pumping station systems.
Your Key Responsibilities
Ensure the company delivers a consistently high level of service to all customers, including regular updates to the customer.
- To support the Company in maintaining the highest possible standards of Health and Safety at Work, this in accordance with current legislation and policies laid down by the Company.
- Interpret client’s requirements by reading detailed site drawings, and close communication with all parties.
- Site visits may be required.
- Promotion of the Company's products and its Service activities.
- Deliver allocated projects and/or elements of a project, ensuring that they are delivered on time and budget while meeting the quality requirements.
- Manage the assigned work load or projects ensuring effective and efficient working.
- Managing the Health and Safety requirements for each assigned job within areas of responsibility to ensure Xylem fulfills its obligations.
- Managing site engineers and liaising with technical staff.
- Daily updating of Xylem reporting systems on projects. This includes the upkeep of PPS tracking tools Salesforce/Servicemax.
- Conducting site Health and Safety CHAT toolbox talks and recording Positive Interventions to improve performance during project delivery.
- Effective administration of assigned contracts and/or tasks, throughout the project lifecycle of each project to include execution of contractual claims and dispute resolution.
- Responsible for Project documentations to include RFQ’s, Project Programmes, Compiling O&M’s, Site ITP’s, RAMS, Training documentation, Project Files and sub-subcontract for subcontract work.
- Ensure that all forecasts & reports are kept up to date
- Maintaining a risk register for all projects and/or tasks allocated, ensuring that all significant risks are escalated to the required line manager.
- Responsible for the financial management and timely reporting on the performance and invoicing of allocated projects.
- Adherence to the Project Management Policy, processes and procedures.
- Collaboratively working other departments, ensuring that we comply with all company requirements, e.g. Finance, Procurement and Logistics.
- Follow existing work stream processes, while using a Continuous Improvement mindset.
Development skills within the role:
- Prepare quotations that provide our customer with the most balanced commercially advantageous and technical reliable solutions.
- Use Xylem software packages to effectively cost and size equipment for each quotation.
- Meet all KPI targets for response to customers on quotes and designs.
- Daily updating of Xylem reporting systems on quotations and designs. This includes the upkeep of PPS tracking tools Salesforce/Servicemax.
- Following PPS processes for the order to delivery entry processes when orders are received. Whilst owning the customers experience.
- Provide technical customer support to assist onsite or inhouse Xylem teams, relating to PPS.
- To support the Marketing Department with the provision of Customer information and data, using Salesforce CRM, and with the successful development/launch of new products.
The profile we are looking for:
- Degree or professional qualification in relevant discipline and professional registration or working towards registration (EngTech/IEng/CEng or similar)
- Experience in pumping/water or waste water engineering or a similar process related industry. Pumping knowledge may be through water, oil or gas industries.
- Excellent Project Management, communication and negotiation skills
- Experience of working with Water Authority working environment would be an advantage.
- Excellent working knowledge of contract law in particular those contracts used within the water industry which including IChemE and NEC 3 or 4
- Understanding of CDM Regulations and ability to manage CMD construction sites
- Excellent working knowledge of English Law, in particular those parts pertaining to the delivery of construction contracts
- Health and Safety qualification essential to the role; Managing Safety or equivalent
- SSSTS/CSCS Managers’ card ideal, although training can be provided
- Understanding of Water / Waste Water treatment and pumping applications
- Organisational and prioritising skills
- The ability to work in a collaborative manner as part of a larger team.
- Strong personality able to deal with customers and suppliers in difficult contractual situations
- Flexibility to be able to travel throughout the UK
- Full UK driving licence
Overview of Xylem
The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Excited? Let's solve water, together!