The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Project Delivery Manager is responsible for managing a team that ensures timely, efficient and safe delivery of treatment and other projects across the UK and Ireland business. The role is a key management position, directly overseeing the core project management teams for the treatment business and indirectly governing the activities of the service and rental business, through a centralised project management organisation which exists to govern, coach, monitor and minimise commercial and other risks for projects undertaken by staff in our branches.
The incumbent must be skilled in project management techniques, stakeholder influence, delivering to forecasts and budgets and ensuring all company policies are adhered to. The centralised project management organisation also builds the capability of staff in our branches to eventually deliver large and nonstandard projects, by leveraging existing project management skills, sharing best practices and implementing tools and processes.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Direct leadership of the Treatment Project Delivery Team (Project Admin, Project Engineers and Project Managers) to deliver projects on time and to budget
- Indirect leadership of all Project Engineers (PE’s) / Project Managers (PM’s) across Xylem UK&I, to ensure project governance and manage project risk
- Ensure all projects are delivered to the highest Environmental, Health and Safety (ESH) standard, work in conjunction with internal and external experts to ensure adherence to legal / company requirements
- Ensure all project work is delivered to the highest levels of sustainability, in addition to ESH ensure increased diversity across the project teams, engagement levels continue to rise and the teams continue to support Watermark activities
- Responsibility for governance of Project Delivery Policy and associated Project Delivery Framework
- Work closely with Package Pumping Station (PPS) team lead to provide support & training to PPS team on project management, project manager competence and commercial issues
- Ensure Service Branch PM’s / PE’s are supported from a project management and commercial perspective
- Support Sales and Project Delivery team on commercial issues (e.g. tender negotations / commercial discussions / negotiations)
- Responsibility for financial control of all projects ensuring that revenue / invoicing forecasts are up to date and accurate and projects are delivered with an improved profit margin from point of sale profit margin
- Accountable for the preparation of all payment applications and invoices in accordance with purchase / contract requirements and assisting PE’s / PM’s to prepare financial project reviews and revenue forecasting
- Application of the contract / sub-contract throughout the duration of the contract in conjunction with the PM / PE, ensure that all significant risks are escalated to the Project Delivery General Manager
- Management of project risk and advising on a range of legal and contractual issues across the company where necessary working with our overseas legal and compliance teams
- Liaise with all other departments ensuring that we are complying with all company requirements, e.g. Procurement and Logistics.