SkyFire Energy is hiring a
SkyFire Energy is a Certified B Corporation and employee-owned company with offices and staff in four locations across Western Canada. We value integrity, accountability, perseverance, safety, celebration, and innovation. Our vision is to bring the magic of solar to the world for a stronger, healthier, and more sustainable global community.
Project Coordinator – Permanent Full Time / Calgary, AB
SkyFire Energy is seeking a highly motivated and capable team member to help us in a Project Coordinator capacity. In this role, you will be working with an experienced team in a fast-paced environment on exciting opportunities, both large and small, that make positive impacts in the communities with which we work.
The candidate best suited to this position will have the ability to efficiently and effectively manage a consistent, and at times heavy workload while thriving in a self-directed work environment. The candidate will have administrative skills and competencies and the ability to engage team members, by phone and via email in a professional and personable manner.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate a passion for renewable energy and the renewable energy industry; along with progressive workplace experience and accountability in a previous role(s). The ideal candidate will thrive in a task-based environment.
Primary duties include:
• Assist Project Manager with the successful full cycle of assigned projects; from initiation to completion
• Ensure all project documentation is accurate for coordination with permitting bodies as well as managing incentive program applications and correspondence
• Assist Project Manager with customer communication and interactions
• Ensure work authorization, completion certificates, and all other required documents are obtained from the client
• Maintain project document control and procedures
• Assisting multiple project managers on several projects simultaneously.
• Maintaining open communication with project team members
• Must have 2-5 years’ experience in an administrative role
• Advanced skills with MS Office 2007+ (Word, Excel, and Outlook), Google Suite, and Internet Browsers.
Skills and competences:
• Strong written and oral communication skills (English)
• Able to effectively work in a team environment.
• Ability to multi-task / adapt to changing demands and deadlines
• Good problem-solving skills
• Manage sensitive information appropriately and maintain confidentiality
• Enjoy delivering excellent customer service (internal & external)
• A self-starting, results-oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and time lines that require significant attention to detail.
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Keen interest in learning about project management
• Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
• Passionate about renewable energy
Considered an asset:
• Experience or training in project coordination or administration
• 2+ years of related experience working in project management
• A post-secondary degree or diploma in solar specific training (ie. NAIT Alternative Energy)
• Knowledge or experience of the solar PV industry
• Knowledge of SketchUp software an asset
Benefits of Working for SkyFire Energy
As a SkyFire employee you can look forward to enjoying the feeling of accomplishment and working in a progressive industry which fosters sustainable development principles.
Learn more about us here: www.skyfireenergy.com/about
At SkyFire Energy, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of our organization. We know that having varied perspectives helps generate better ideas to solve the complex problems of a changing world. These values are central for us to achieve our mission to relentlessly lead the solar industry to the benefit of our community and future generations.