The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a project coordinator focusing on Key Accounts. The Project Coordinator is crucial in successfully executing deployment projects with Sensus customers. This role will support project management in all facets of customer engagements. In addition, the project coordinator will work across the Customer Success organization to ensure projects follow internal processes.
- Responsible for defined Key Account clients regarding financial planning and tracking project deliverables.
- Assist with contract and RFP process and develop project summaries.
- Formulate and articulate project financial planning.
- Track project financial timing for revenue and expenses to ensure the project is on track, adhering to contractual obligations, and reporting on out-of-budget scenarios.
- Maintain a highly customized invoice process with a high level of documentation and manual work.
- Manage extensive project requirements and documentation such as filling out lien waivers, creating customer pay app packets, milestone documentation, vendor installation audits, and data requirements, approving subcontractor invoices, approving material receipts, maintaining milestone payment schedules, filling out financial forms, auditing travel expenses, and timesheets.
- Submit monthly invoices to customers.
- Maintain a rolling forecast and variance reporting.
- Process internal purchase requisitions for external vendors.
- Responsible for managing several projects of varying complexity at a time.
- Effectively communicate project changes, updates, or other details to management and the project management team to keep them well-informed of changes.
- Track deployment performance metrics to ensure we meet contractual SLAs throughout the project lifecycle.
- Act as liaison to remote project managers and internal SMEs to resolve project deliverables/issues.
- Help maintain data quality for dashboards, metric reporting, and forecasting.
- Ensure projects are executed according to Sensus standard methodology, planning, and best practices. Facilitate the development and sharing of best practices and lessons learned.
- Analyze the impact of issues across the services organization and disseminate information to mitigate risk.
- Lead and support process improvement projects.
- Update and create process documentation and flow diagrams to reflect current processes.
- Assist as needed on other Customer Success projects.
- Participation in Watermark events
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Attention to detail.
- Understand AP/AR and pass-through billing.
- Capable of interpreting contract deliverables and financials.
- Ability to forecast budgets and ability to learn new software.
- Experience with MS Platform: Word, Visio, and PowerPoint, along with extensive Excel skills.
- Experience with Smartsheet and Smartsheet Dashboards is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with highly customized requirements.
- Ability to compile documents and pdfs into packets for delivery; ability to track and follow up on invoices, POs, and statuses.
- Must be positive and have a constructive attitude.
- Must have strong critical thinking skills and can manage tasks to completion independently with little supervision or direction.
- Demonstrates problem-solving abilities, coupled with a desire to take on responsibility.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills - the ability to communicate operation processes.
- Listening skills - listening and comprehending requests and navigating them to the next process step.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people in several locations.
- Ability to achieve a short learning curve and onboard quickly.
- Bachelor's degree or proven experience of Bachelor level.
- 5+ years' experience in a client-focused organization
- Customer-facing experience.
- 5+ years' experience working with customer contracts, budgets, accounting, and financials.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Remote Option: The colleague must be able to create a suitable workspace and working environment at the primary location(s) for remote work (e.g., home) free of noise and distractions, designed to maintain confidentiality and preferably a separate space, like a private room, and the ability to maintain a safe work environment as determined by local environmental, health and safety regulations. The colleague should be able to work the expected hours for the role and discuss any scheduling issues with the manager.
- Office Option (dependent on location): Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Willing to travel up to 10% at times
_Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $67,000 to $77,000 plus bonus. At Xylem, it is not typical for an individual to start at the top end of the range for the role however compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.