About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants has an exciting opportunity for an Endangered Species Monitor on Maui. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing endangered species monitoring .
What you will accomplish
- Provide technical expertise and guidance for an endangered species monitoring project. Provide trainings on best management practices.
- Perform all endangered species monitoring activities at various locations on the island of Maui.
- Prepare field summary reports.
- Provide QA/QC for deliverables, field procedures, field or other data gathering methods, scopes of work, data analyses, reports, etc.
- Contributes substantially to program level procedures and protocols to meet scientific and regulatory standards in an efficient and cost-effective manner Assist with preparing and writing of technical reports from field work.
- Maintain current knowledge of endangered species issues in Maui.
- Develop new approaches for data gathering, data analysis, and/or report writing for large or complex projects.
- Conduct field surveys, prepare field equipment, identify, and plan field logistics, and survey implementation.
- Provide oversight of survey implementation and data management.
- Take initiative using problem solving techniques.
- Assist in preparation and delivery of endangered species information.
- Train and mentor junior staff on advanced field method, statistical analyses.
- Update procedures to assure tasks are completed in the most effective manner.
Experience and qualifications for success
- B.S. in botany, ecology, biology, natural resource science, or other field related to Hawaii endangered species.
- Undergraduate degree and extensive experience are preferred.
- Experience in Hawaii endangered species survey methodologies, monitoring, and mitigation protocols in Hawaii. Specifically for Hawaii Yellow-faced bees (Hylaeus sp.)
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Ability to survey for and identify and detect Yellow-faced bees and host plants in the field.
- Working knowledge of native habitat restoration in Hawaii.
- Excellent writing and the ability to review the written work of others and evaluate it relative to regulatory requirements and scientific accuracy. Capacity to effectively communicate, both written and orally, technical and non-technical information to a non-technical audience.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services.
With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
SWCA is committed to salary equity and salary transparency for all its employees. In alignment with this commitment, SWCA posts good faith pay ranges on all its advertised job postings to promote pay equity and transparency.
An employee in this Honolulu, HI-based position can expect an hourly pay rate of $34.65 - $44.63/hour. Actual pay within this range may depend on experience, qualifications, geographic location, client requirements where applicable, and other factors permitted by law.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.