Diversity is the acknowledgment, promotion and celebration of our differences and similarities. All racial identities, ethnicities, sexes, nationalities, gender identities and expressions, physical and mental abilities, sexual orientations, ages, spiritualities, points of view and socioeconomic statuses can fit in with us. We support individuals from around the world and serve communities affected by disasters with purpose. Response, recovery, resilience and renewal are why we exist. Respect for the value of diversity, inclusion and social justice drives us forward every day. Everyone is welcome.
A versatile position within a dynamic nonprofit that provides community-inspired, volunteer-powered disaster relief. The position is full time and is responsible for maintaining an accurate tracking of work sites progress, project expenses and home assessments completed.
The start date for this position is ASAP.
- Reports to: Project Manager (daily workflow with Construction Manager as well)
- Roles reporting to position: 0
- Approximate number of reports: 0
- Supports Project Manager and Construction Manager maintaining an accurate tracking of the documentation.
- Support Project Manager and Construction Manager in compiling project’s specific reports for the organization and partners.
- Help arranging phone calls and scheduling assessments with homeowners for potential rebuild projects.
- Maintain accurate tracking systems of current progress, work completed, and sites delivered in Salesforce and other databases such as Google Drive, SharePoint, Ignatius and VisionLink.
- Work with the Project Manager and Construction Manager to manage relationships and sourcing contractors and suppliers.
- Collaborate with Project Manager to ensure there are sufficient resources volunteers to meet the need of the workflow.
- Manage and maintain tracking of the project's construction expenses. Maintain organized records of invoices and receipts in line with local and organizational regulations.
- Support the Construction Manager scheduling vendor/contractors' timely payments through wire transfers as needed.
- Support Operations team as needed with punctual tasks.
- We understand vaccination is the best way to protect our beneficiaries, community members, staff and volunteers. Therefore, we require all staff members working in in-person environments (including program staff, office staff, team meetings and program visits) to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Subject to applicable guidance, the term fully vaccinated currently refers to when an individual has received all recommended Covid-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Related Experience Previous All Hands and Hearts experience preferred. Data entry experience preferred.
- Special Competencies/Certifications Valid driver’s license preferred. Good written and oral communication skills and confident working with Google Suite and willing to learn new platforms as the ones listed above. Applicants need to have a flexible approach to managing multiple tasks and prioritizing them appropriately. The individual is able to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Home office environment
- Constantly operates computer
- Living in communal environment while on program
Compensation & Benefits
- Starting salary is $15/hour USD. Annual pay increases may be available, up to a salary maximum of $16.82 for U.S. based employees.
- Starting salary if living on program is $11.70/hour USD.
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plans (US Employees)
- Flex Spending Account (US Employees)
- 401K with safe harbor match for U.S. staff (US Employees)
All Hands and Hearts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic.