To Apply please submit a cover letter and resume via the bamboo link. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Application closing date: 21 April 2023
Target start month: May 2023
ChildFund Sport for Development partners to provide children and young people with opportunities to play, learn, and lead.
Through integrated sport and life skills learning, young people from vulnerable communities develop critical social and emotional skills which help them achieve personal goals, build empathy, manage emotions, develop positive relationships, and make responsible decisions. This makes them better equipped to overcome challenges, inspire positive social change, and take active leadership roles within their communities.
All partnerships contribute to building an equitable and inclusive future, where children are safe from violence — reflecting targets within the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The ChildFund Sport for Development Team also works with sports partners around the globe to ensure that the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults in sport is a priority.
ChildFund Sport for Development is led by ChildFund Australia, an independent international development organisation that works to reduce poverty for children in developing communities and a member of the ChildFund Alliance - a global network of 12 organisations which assists almost 23 million children and their families in 70 countries.
As the S4D Programme Finance Officer, you will maintain financial oversight and provide financial management services by providing consolidated finance, budget monitoring and reporting in-line with required procedures and systems. You will work closely with a multi-country program team and sports organisation partners to ensure strong financial management across organisational partnerships.
- Review and analyse financial processes including reporting, budget and grant management, partnership agreements, control mechanisms and financial audits ensuring accountability and transparency;
- Ensure financial reports from partners meet required standards and are imported in a timely manner into ChildFund’s accounting system;
- Support the Finance and Compliance Manager to ensure partner compliance with required systems and practices, and alignment with required financial reporting and acquittals;
- Prepare grant monitoring reports each quarter;
- Monitor partners' financial management systems, as well as the implementation of project activities in close collaboration with teams;
- Conduct monitoring visits to partners and carry out compliance checks;
- Coordinate for both internal and external audits when need;
- Support the S4D Team to understand and apply relevant financial policies and procedures particularly relating to fraud prevention, counterterrorism, anti-money laundering and other areas of risk;
- Support training across the S4D Team and partners to build capabilities to manage financial processes in-line with relevant policies and practice;
- Review staff claim, advance, advance acquittal, payments to ensure they are complying to ChildFund policies, procedures and approved budget with transparency and accountability, before process;
- Liaise with ChildFund SO and COs to coordinate ensure smooth finance operation;
- Ensures staff enforce valid ChildFund policies, especially respect necessary supporting documents payments
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant undergraduate degree and a formal accounting qualification;
- Proven experience (at least 3 years) in a finance and operations team including grant management experience;
- Experience working with cloud-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems for financial management;
- Experience of working with complex project partnerships, preferably internationally;
- Evidenced relationship skill development;
- Experience in budget development and management;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Training experience working successfully with non-financial staff.
- Coordination and communication skills to work cross-culturally and engage colleagues in implementing and improving practice;
- Ability to work remotely using technology to connect across cultures and languages;
- Resilient with the ability to be self-motivated and to demonstrate initiative in achieving objectives;
- Relevant computer skills, including Excel, with Sage Intacct experience an advantage.
Department: Sport for Development Team
Location: TBC – working rights must be in place for nominated location with South East Asia preferred
Employment: Full-time Contract
Reports to: Finance and Compliance Manager – Sport for Development
Other Information: Travel required