At Youth Guidance, we believe that no matter what challenges a young person faces, they are more likely to succeed when they have caring adults in their lives. Our highly-trained staff guides kids to overcome the life and academic challenges facing youth. We meet kids where they are — physically and emotionally — to help them focus on their education, make positive choices, and remain on the right path toward life success.
Founded in 1924, and still relevant today, Youth Guidance is a leading provider of outcomes-driven programs and capacity building initiatives, directly serving more than 13,000 youth in Kansas City, Boston, Dallas, Los Angeles, Washington DC, and Chicago.
BAM & WOW are school based counseling and mentoring programs that guide young men and women in 7th-12th grades to learn, internalize and practice social cognitive skills, make responsible decisions for their future, and become positive members of their school and community.
As a support and supervision role for BAM and WOW in Dallas, the Program Supervisor’s role will primarily be in a school setting and must be flexible in their clinical expertise and collaborative skills to empower and motivate Youth Specialists to be successful. This is a hybrid role with 40% of the time working from home and the other 60% of the time at work sites. Initially serving six schools in the Dallas Independent School District 21-22’s school year and expanding to serve 15 schools and over 1,500 youth by the 25-26 school year, this is an exciting opportunity to thoughtfully scale a program at the forefront of innovative youth development work.
When you join our team, you will:
- Maintains focus on the achievement of key program outcomes including goals for student performance, retention, and satisfaction
- Administers the program by assessing needs, making assignments and managing programs at multiple sites where the program operates, including coordination of data collection
- Oversees coordination, implementation and evaluation of all program activities and the desired outcomes, in collaboration with Replication Specialist
- Recommends hiring of new Youth Specialists, employee transfers, promotions, disciplinary actions, terminations overall performance management
- Primary lead for ongoing communication with school personnel, social service agencies, community groups and public officials regarding program goals and objectives. Assures that all program documentation, records, and required reports for program stakeholders are prepared in a timely fashion
- Supports, builds, and shares best practices in clinical interventions and system leadership for positive student outcomes
- Provides or arranges ongoing weekly supervision to provide specific guidance in the areas of professional responsibilities, prioritization, time and resource allocation
Our Program Supervisor has been equipped for this impactful work in education and training with at least:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, counseling or a related human service field from an approved accredited university is required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of work/internship experience in the education, human service, youth development or social services field required
- Minimum of one-year leadership experience
- Must demonstrate knowledge of advanced therapeutic concepts
- Professional licensure preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills that excels in cultural sensitivity and respect for differences
- Proven ability to be a self-starter, energetic, innovative and motivated
- Demonstrated experience in employee supervision and HR administration required
- Must demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, )
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team required
- Proven ability to be a self-starter, energetic, innovative and motivated requiredAbility to commit to working in at-risk-environments with ability to handle emergencies and take on unforeseen tasks required
- Demonstration of strong interpersonal and communication skills that excel in cultural sensitivity, respect for differences, and effectively motivates others required
- Demonstrated experience in employee supervision and HR administration required
- Ability to lead in a changing and ambiguous environment required
- Ability to understand and commit to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission required
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with various stakeholders required
Our Program Supervisor exemplifies:
- Communication: Able to use effective written and oral communication with internal and external audiences and stakeholders; demonstrates empathy and listening
- Client orientation: Can recognize needs of diverse stakeholders and approaches relationships with a service orientation to ultimately maximize impact
- Planner: A problem solver who is able to manage uncertainty and adapt to changes while still performing at high levels of excellence
- Equity mindset: Understands and is committed to goals of equity; consistently brings an equity mindset to the organization’s work and workplace
- Growth mindset: Views growth as important for personal and professional development; seeks out opportunities to expand skills, even if change is required; Demonstrated ability to be solutions-focused, self-reflective, and dedicated the continuous improvement of service quality
- Ownership and quality of work: Effectively manages own work and work of internal and external stakeholders ensuring delivery of high-quality work
What you will love about us:
- Opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of the youth we serve
- On-going professional development and access to our Learning Management System (LMS)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Health and wellness programs including an Employee Assistance Program
- Medical expense reimbursement programs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to spend extended time on a computer in a workstation.
*The duties performed are primarily in an office and school setting, vaccination is required.
At Youth Guidance, we understand that diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) are fundamental to realizing our vision of bright and successful futures for all young people. We celebrate the diversity of youth and recognize them as empowered leaders, problem-solvers, and experts of their own experiences. At the same time, we acknowledge that many systems and institutions meant to support youth are inequitable and unjust.
As such, we are committed to advancing DE&I through our words and our actions, both internally and externally, by:
- Strengthening cultural competence as well as policies, practices, and organizational structures that foster belonging and leverage the unique backgrounds and talents of staff;
- Offering youth-centered programs that are accessible and responsive to people from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, abilities, sexual identity, gender identity and expression, language, and cultural and religious beliefs and practices;
- Influencing systems that youth, their families and communities are impacted by, such as schools, organizational networks, governmental bodies, researchers, and the funding community, to apply approaches that embrace DEI in addressing the needs and supporting the aspirations of young people.
Youth Guidance is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. Youth Guidance does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity along all of these lines. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.