PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As the Program Manager – Gender and Protection, you will lead and manage the gender and protection portfolio including 1-Tok Kauselin Helpim Lain Project from supporting design through to implementation and evaluation. You will represent ChildFund PNG and Helpline in national, and regional forums to promote, advocate and speak on strategic and common issues, coordinate GEDSI integration in CFPNG office, guided by ChildFund Gender Policy, Disability Inclusion Policy and Organisation Inclusion Policy, and CFPNG Strategic Plan and sector action plans.
- Lead implementation of helpline strategic plan ensuring alignment when designing any new helpline focused projects;
- Manage a team who will be responsible for the effective implementation of all project activities in the field
- Develop short and long-term work plans in line with the project documents, log frame, budget and oversee overall project progress
- Develop quality assurance system and foster culture of accountability for performance and continuous improvement
- Deal with any significant concerns, problems or failures and ensure immediate response and strategies to minimise the chance of reoccurrence
- Supervise monitoring and evaluation of projects
- Oversee and track expenditure for projects and liaise closely with finance team
- Provide leadership and professional development to staff and key partners
- Represent ChildFund in key external meetings and forums including with National and provincial government, donors, civil society organisation and other key stakeholders
- Coordinate GEDSI integration in CFPNG office based on action plans
- Ensure compliance with CF policies and procedures
- Research and analyse information on donors, prepare substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identify opportunities for initiation of support for helpline including new projects, active contribution to the overall effort in resource mobilization
- Ensure compliance with ChildFund’s policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree/post-graduate qualifications in relevant discipline in development, gender, social work or psychology
- Experience in prior senior management or program manager roles
- Knowledge and experience of child rights, and child protection and gender-based violence and protection programming
- Understanding of GBV and experience in gender -based programming
- Understanding of development sector work in the PNG context, activities and actors, with emphasis on gender-based violence and child-focused development
- Stakeholder engagement, at government at sub- and national level preferred
- Experience providing quality training and capacity building for team and partners on gender and Child Protection integrated programming
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative methods of M&E
- Develop and strengthen partnerships with UN Agencies, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi- lateral donors, private sector, civil society in the specific thematic areas based on the strategic aims of helpline
- Excellent English and Tok Pisin language skills
- Experience in implementing disability and social inclusion initiatives
- Experience managing GBV and CP response services and/or as service provider delivering services to survivors
Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding or sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment (SEAH) risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding and PSEAH policy and procedures, and conduct yourself consistent with those policies.
procedures, and conduct yourself consistent with those policies.
Other Information: Appointment to this position is dependent upon successful completion of criminal background and reference checks.
Applications closing date: 12 May 2023