Ampact is hiring a
THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION BUT STAFF SHOULD LIVE IN THE POUGHKEEPSIE AREA TO BE CONSIDERED.
The Program Manager will facilitate program implementation to ensure all stakeholders have an exceptional experience. The Program Manager is responsible for developing, maintaining, and sustaining effective relationships with key site contacts to ensure successful program implementation and site engagement with programs. Additionally, the Program Manager maintains and cultivates relationships and manages AmeriCorps Members and community stakeholders. The Program Manager provides service sites the training, coaching and technical support necessary to ensure successful implementation of programs with high fidelity to the model and successful completion of each AmeriCorps member term of service. This position will observe confidentiality of all member, program and organizational information.
1. Cohort Management: Serve as the primary organizational point of contact for a cohort of literacy and or math tutors. Create an exceptional service experience for tutors, striving to retain 100% of tutors during their service year and obtaining a high rate of tutors returning for a subsequent term of service. Work closely with the tutor’s on-site supervisor (the Internal Coach), to provide supervision and proactive support to tutors which includes performance management through affirmation, coaching, and corrective action as necessary. Mediate tutor and coach situations to maintain positive relationships while establishing productive solutions. Document tutor performance issues and improvement plans, as necessary. Provide individualized support to members in developing and implementing a plan to serve the total number of hours required throughout the year. Regularly monitor progress towards completing required number of hours. Provide insight to the Director of Service Experience about the challenges and opportunities in supporting tutors; provide support, as needed, to develop tools related to supporting tutors during their term of service.
2. Program Implementation and Outcomes: Regularly review student data and outcomes to monitor implementation and maximize student impact. Collaborate with the site-based Internal Coach to ensure tutors are implementing interventions and assessments with fidelity, have full caseloads, meet minimum dosage requirements, and update data regularly.
3. Site Partnerships: Develop and maintain productive partnerships with sites, including principals, superintendents, tutors, teaching staff and Internal Coaches, and other school-based partners. Conduct in person site visits at least quarterly depending on caseload and supervisor direction (regional travel required). Work closely with all partners to ensure open, effective communication with clear understanding of program model leading to successful implementation with strong student outcomes. Work collaboratively with the Coaching Specialist to respond to challenges and issues that may arise at the site. Collaborate with Program Specialists regarding timely collection of data from sites. Proactively source potential new site partnerships and collaborate with Coaching Specialist to ensure strong understanding of Reading Corps and Math Corps program model. Provide insight to the Director of Partnerships about the challenges and opportunities in maintaining site partnerships; provide support, as needed, to develop tools related to site partnerships.
4. Compliance and Grant Administration: Ensure compliance with program, organization and AmeriCorps rules and regulations. Monitor completion of member requirements and provide support and follow-up as necessary to each member to ensure requirements are met on a timely basis (e.g. eligibility documentation, pre-service paperwork, enrollment and exit deadlines, mid-term and end-of-term performance evaluations, required training attendance, performance documentation). Ensure member time sheets are submitted on time. Ensure the hours recorded on member time sheets are allowable. Ensure members are not engaging in any prohibited activities during their service.
5. Training and Professional Development: Collaborate with program team, Learning & Training Department, and leadership to develop, create, and conduct regular training sessions to cultivate commitment, reinforce relationships, and ensure understanding of and compliance with the program. Assist as needed with training session logistics and support. Always provide exceptional customer service.
6. External relations: Build the Reading Corps and Math Corps brands in the assigned geographic territory. Foster and cultivate community partnerships through connection with community groups and participation in local literacy, math, and education committees, local funder groups, job fairs and community events. Under the direction of the Marketing Communication Manager, act as the spokesperson for media outlets to promote and provide information regarding Reading Corps and Math Corps. Support and facilitate legislative and funder site visits.
7. Full-Cycle Recruitment: With direction from the Director of Talent Acquisition, Director of Programs, and Senior Manager to implement a comprehensive member recruitment strategy to successfully recruit quality, diverse AmeriCorps members to serve as tutors, with the goal of filling all positions in designated geographic region by August Institute. This includes: (1) building healthy applicant pipelines through site-based strategies and grassroots sourcing activities; (2) developing networks and maintaining partnerships with local colleges/universities and other community organizations. Responsible for application preparation, sourcing candidates, screening applications, conducting phone and final interviews, making offers, and ensuring successful member enrollment and onboarding.
Ampact is committed to compliance with the Minnesota Human Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations as possible to enable employees to perform the essential function of their positions.
This position requires the ability to:
Ampact offers an excellent benefit package including Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life, Disability, PTO and 401(k).
Ampact will not discriminate for or against any AmeriCorps service member or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, marital or parental status, familial status, military service, or any other category protected by law. Reasonable accommodations provided upon request.