Reports to: Global Program Manager
Scope: Southern Africa
ABOUT HIVOS AND FREE TO BE ME
Hivos is an international development organization guided by humanist values. Together with citizens and their organizations, we aim to contribute towards just, inclusive and life sustaining societies where people have equal access to opportunities, rights and resources. We work in partnership with others in the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Latin America on three impact areas: civic rights; gender equality, diversity and inclusion, and climate justice. Our approach is solution driven, and we build wider movements for change by amplifying and connecting voices.
Free to Be Me is an ambitious, daring and innovative program that will help build and maintain a vibrant Gender, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (GEDI) movement that is confident and capable to lobby and advocate for their human and economic rights. The program is led by an alliance of three consortium members – Hivos (the lead party), ILGA World and Positive Vibes – and three technical partners – Sogicampaigns, The Global Interfaith Network (GIN) and Workplace Pride. Together the alliance will coach, accompany, fund and train GEDI persons and organizations to influence norms and attitudes, generate (public) support, and promote laws, policies and regulations that recognize, respect and protect GEDI people’s human and economic rights.
The program is being implemented in 14 countries in Africa, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. The program started in April 2021 and is funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, under the Power of Voices program, which is part of the Strengthening Civil Society subsidy framework. The five-year program has a budget of EUR 37 million.
Main goal of the position
The program assistant (PA) assists the program officers and the financial officer with a variety of tasks that can include the provision of financial-administrative support, logistics and note-taking. The PA is committed to the values and principles defined by Hivos and Free to be Me.
Operations and Logistics
- Maintains logistical and administrative activities and corresponding systems for internal and external communication fulfils information requirements.
- Organises and keeps track of meetings (Minutes and tracking of items), maintains and applies department agenda and planning, organises periodic and one-off events, monitors reporting schedules and requirements.
- Performs a variety of logistics tasks such as organising travel and events.
- Working closely with the GPM and responsible technical leads to organize overall F2BM team meetings such as staff meetings, annual planning and reflection meetings, annual team building.
- Processing Information: Is in charge of entering program-related financial and other data and processing it into standard systems.
- Supports in positioning; is part of the Free to be Me team in the region and as such interacts with internal and external stakeholders.
- The PA manages the documentation (financial, administrative and technical), archiving and distribution of documents in the Nextcloud platform, as well as the follow-up on the updates of the subprojects and respective documentation in the Hivos project management system (All Solutions).
- Supports as needed in implementation, monitoring and evaluation, in collaboration with the rest of the team and shares possible synergies.
- Creates and modifies documents e.g. invoices, reports, memos, letters etc. using word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or other presentation using Microsoft Office.
- Assists in preparation and dissemination of contracts for partners and consultants using the Hivos information management system (All Solutions).
- Conducts research, compiles data and prepare papers for consideration and presentation
- Supports the program team in regard to grants program monitoring, evaluation and learning to shape funding priorities and inform capacity strengthening opportunities.
- Ensures timely external communication and support in relationships with consultants or external facilitators, providing expertise to the program.
- The PA is the responsible for the following-up of the deliverables and payments of the consultancy contracts implemented
- Supports program team in procuring of goods and services such as consultancies, flights, accommodation and conference which includes coordinating approval of terms of reference by the GPM; reviewing, preparing and ensuring approval of contracts, invoices, purchase requisition and other documentation necessary for the relevant processes.
- Degree in Business Studies/Administration or equivalent
- Able to speak and write English fluently.
- 2/3 years of work experience in a professional organization, and preferably in an international environment.
- A proactive, open-minded team player with a positive attitude, who enjoys working in a dynamic environment.
- Supportive of the goals of Free to be Me.
- Familiar with working with financial administrative systems.
- Skilled in organizing and planning.
- Experience in supporting the organization of events, preferably also online.
- Ability to think and act creatively and ‘outside the box’ to solve problems
- High level of integrity.
- Lived experience as a rights holder is an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER
Hivos offers a challenging position in an international environment. The regional office is based in Harare, Zimbabwe. This position will be based in Zimbabwe. Hivos welcomes international & regional applicants but can only offer a position to only those with a valid work permit for Zimbabwe. Hivos can only offer employment on local terms and conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply before the 27th of November 2022. If you meet the above-mentioned qualifications (please look carefully), please fill in our digital application form and attach a letter explaining your motivation and your CV. Interested applicants should click on the apply button above.