Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with some form of disability.
The Program Assistant-CD’s Office will provide administrative and Program support services to the Country Director, ensuring daily operations are carried out professionally, efficiently and effectively. Working under the supervision of and reporting to, the Country Director’s Office, the Program Assistant will ensure smooth operations of the Country Director’s Office, in accordance with HPI objectives, policies and procedures.
Essential Character Traits
Highly motivated, superb listener and communicator, relationship builder, energetic and positive, team builder, strives for shared vision, impact-driven and innovative, organized, having strong business acumen, pro-active, respect for procedures and norms, curious, analytical, socially sensitive, values-oriented, conviction towards holistic sustainable development.
Assist Country Director in smooth functioning of the Executive (45%)
- Maintain an accurate and current calendar of the country director including scheduling of internal and external meetings.
- Communicate and make appointments for Country Director as requested. This includes assisting the Country Director in preparing official correspondence and review of the priority communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Act as a report/minute taker of meetings, seminars, workshops, and conferences.
- Ensure Information and inquiry documents between the Country Director, Programs & operations staff are appropriately filed and transferred to relevant people.
- Ensure Correspondence, reports, presentations and other information for both internal and external usage for the Country Director are screened and prioritized for follow up in a timely manner.
- Respond to written, oral and electronic inquiries. Screen and prioritize correspondence, report, presentations and other information for both internal and external usage for the Country Director.
- Ensure timely and smooth logistical support for Country Director.
- Prepare and maintain timesheets and travel approval forms for the Country Director.
- Coordinate the timely completion and submission of the CD Monthly and Quarterly reports.
- Make Internet research and surveys on behalf of the CD as well as follow up.
Administration & Logistical Support (45%)
- Collaborate with management and administrative staff of the Country Office Programs.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate arrangements for international travel, meetings, conferences and training workshops, including transportation.
- Provide adequate and timely logistic support for office operations and other activities of HPI’s Country Office.
- Assist the Country Director in keeping records of the liaison work with Stakeholders to ensure effective coordination of all country program activities.
- Troubleshoot and resolve urgent administrative matters concerning HPI Country Office’s programs (in consultation with the Country Director.
Other job-related duties as assigned/ requested (10%)
- Coordination and Support to HPI’s Country Programs activities as and when required.
- Other tasks and assignments as requested.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Public Administration, Psychology and or related field, plus Five (5) years’ demonstrated experience managing an office or providing administrative support, preferably in a non-profit/non-governmental organization.
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Excellent organization skills including strong attention to details.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deliver through others across all levels of the organization.
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent knowledge of computer-based word processing and spreadsheet applications (Microsoft Office Suite preferred).
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and Local language, oral and written.
- Must have self-drive and be acutely time sensitive.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Motivated to work responsibly with little supervision.
- Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and integrity.
- Have ability to manage confidential information.
- Ability and willingness to travel both locally and internationally.
- Willingness and ability to work with a flexible schedule.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork and cooperation.
- Constant face-to face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the general public.
- Ability to establish priorities, achieve deadlines and make sound judgments especially knowing when to consult
- Proven Leadership and administrative skills.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and Gender Equality.
Deadline for Application: 27th March 2023