Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Production Manager is responsible for the production direction and leadership. They will oversee production teams, shift supervisors, material logistics in and out of the processing floor, and train employees on Health and Safety protocol. The Production Manager is responsible for ensuring the execution of production plans within the plant facilities. Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and top performer to be a part of a smart and energetic team, as Li-Cycle commercializes its technology.
- Develop and implement new production strategies for creating or improving processes and procedures to improve plant performance
- Monitor shift crew performance against goals to ensure progress, and that corrective action is taken if necessary
- Meet regularly with Plant manager, shift supervisors/department leads; facilitate resolution of issues/problems between production shifts and/or departments
- Coordinate logistics for inbound material for processing and outbound finished material with warehouse team
- Responsible for appropriate staff levels to meet requirements of the facility
- Responsible training and performance management of employees in the production teams
- Manage the morale in the facility by setting and demonstrating a strong business ethic for dealing with employees
- Enhance and develop policies, procedures and service systems to meet the goals of the facility
- Review and execute plans for the control of planned output
- Develop and implement strategies around improving the productivity performance of the department
- Ensure that all reporting employees adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Train and ensure all PPE is utilized and employees are trained on usage in accordance with policies
- Minimum educational requirements: college diploma or technical trade
- 5+ years previous management experience in a manufacturing environment with proven leadership abilities
- Experience in plant operations of an industrial environment
- Trained in Transport of Dangerous Goods (training to be provided as needed)
- Forklift driving experience required
- Excellent technical, communication, organizational, managerial, and planning skills
- Scheduled based on 24-hour shift rotation and on call availability for support
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on plant and mechanical operations
- Able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles
- A clear and solid understanding of personnel policies, practices, procedures and other operational issues faced by the organization
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Willingness and ability to travel both domestic and international
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to attend and conduct meetings
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Overtime as required
- Exposure to high decibel levels, dust, dirt and to other media requiring Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Health and Safety
- Ethics and Integrity
- Result Focus and Quality Orientation
- Leadership and Communication
- Time Management, Planning and Organizing
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Adaptability / Flexibility
About Li-Cycle Holdings Corp.
Li-Cycle (NYSE: LICY) is on a mission to leverage its innovative Spoke & Hub Technologies™ to provide a customer-centric, end-of-life solution for lithium-ion batteries, while creating a secondary supply of critical battery materials. Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries are increasingly powering our world in automotive, energy storage, consumer electronics, and other industrial and household applications. The world needs improved technology and supply chain innovations to better manage battery manufacturing waste and end-of-life batteries and to meet the rapidly growing demand for critical and scarce battery-grade raw materials through a closed-loop solution. For more information, visit https://li-cycle.com/.
For more information, you can view Li-Cycle's corporate video here:
Li-Cycle is an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Li-Cycle are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, diverse-ability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Li-Cycle is focused on providing a barrier free Recruitment & Selection process. We will focus on experience and skills and will not discriminate against candidates who have a disability or require an accommodation throughout the Recruitment & Selection process.
Interested candidates should apply to Li-Cycle directly by submitting their resume through the Li-Cycle Career's page. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.