Associate Product Manager- Xylem Wastewater Pumping:
- Xylem seeks to hire an Associate Product Manager to support (and report to) the Global Product Manager with the execution of the business strategy across the geographical regions and meet preset product line goals.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Participate in new product development and assist in the building out the roadmap.
- Assist the Global Product Manager in fielding technical and customer inquiries, both in the field and online and aid in the development of market driven modifications through participation in voice of customer initiatives.
- Through collaboration with Marketing, Sales, and the Global Product Manager conduct market and competitor analyses which will be later used to generate forecasts/sale projections.
- Help identify new market opportunities
- Collaborate with Research & Development, Sourcing, Operations, and the Global Product Manager to build out and monitor the operations budget.
- Support the development of promotional materials through the regional marketing teams. This includes product selection software, web content, social media, and other traditional written materials.
- Support the Global Product Manager as needed in product training
- Participate in cross-functional teams to improve or develop processes within the manufacturing plant.
- Travel as necessary to assist in conducting training, developing key relationships with customers to better drive/influence innovation, and partake in workshops to have supply chain and operational alignment.
- Contribute to holistic decisions together with operations and R&D regarding customer support claims or special requests.
- Assist the Global Product Manager in executing and communicating lifecycle changes, such as pricing, phase out strategy and aftermarket support
- Acts as the department’s liaison to the Engineering and Operations departments involved in product development.
- Performs all other duties or assignment as directed by the Global Product Manager
- Specific product areas: Integrated Intelligence submersible pumps- Concertor Intelligent Pumping System, communication gateways, software, and PLC systems.
- Engage in market intelligence around diverse topics like:
- Wastewater conditions on Industrial segments.
- Regional requirements on electrical motor starting conditions.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Engineering distinction (mechanical/electrical/civil) with marketing experience
- Business: relevant project planning experience
- 1-2 years of experience as a Product specialist or in Project Management or related experience in the water and wastewater industry with a strong emphasis on lift station applications.
- Superior planning, interpersonal, effective communication and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to facilitate a presentation and technical aptitude of the product/process
- Microsoft suites of tools with good multi-tasking skills and flexibility to shifting priorities based on business-critical demands
- Demonstrates good data analytical skills and the ability to solve problems within a collaborative environment
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in the water utilities sector and in rotating equipment. Prior product specialist or Project Management experience.
- Strong presentation skills and written communication skills