The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem Brand, seeks to hire a Product Manager to lead our Electric Meter Solution efforts. Main responsibilities of this role will include analyzing and optimizing investment strategies and market opportunities for existing product lines as well as developing requirements for new solutions including software applications, firmware features, hardware platforms, and industrial products in the Electric Energy industry. Join our mission of simplifying a sustainable, digital future for water and energy.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develops strategic and tactical initiatives related to new product and solution introductions and drives initiatives through the Stage Gate process
- Develops and manages VOC business requirements and use cases in a requirements management tool, collaborates with R&D on the associated technical requirements development, and assures requirements are being met through system test and beta test programs
- Collects market feedback on existing products and services and prioritizes changes across releases
- Works directly with customers, sales, and support organizations to ensure needs are being met and are driven back into the development process via Stage Gate
- Coordinates with engineering, planning, procurement, sales and finance to assure cost targets, solution availability and profitability meet business objectives
- Develops and coordinates activities associated with the creation of technical, sales and marketing literature
- Coordinates and manages engineering and development activities to assure interoperability for multiple technologies across global markets
- Provides product and solution training to both internal and external stakeholders
- Develops product pricing strategies and serves as the subject matter expert for proposals
- Provides forecasts for revenue and planning purposes
- Manages end of life process for legacy technologies
- Analyzes and reports on competition, risks and new technologies
- Delivers presentations to executive management
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Sustainable/Renewable Energy or related field or equivalent experience, MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience in engineering, project management, technical product management
- 5+ years’ experience with solution development across cross functional teams
- 5+ years' experience with Electrical Meters
- Ability to grasp new technical concepts quickly
- Proven leadership, organization, and planning skills
- Experience working in and understanding the software development lifecycle and complex integration activities
- Experience developing and managing technical requirements
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate win-win scenarios cross organizationally
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to work effectively and professionally across a wide range of constituencies
- Experience in a fast-paced matrixed technical organization
- Ability to work independently while responding to changing business and technical conditions
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development– To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards– We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks– Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel 20-30%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.