Li-Cycle (NYSE: LICY) is solving the global end-of-life lithium battery problem to help power our electric future. Our goal is to recover critical materials from lithium-ion batteries and introduce them back into the supply chain as a sustainable and circular product. We work every day to make this vision a reality. Our team is growing, and we are looking for passionate, creative people, who want to join us as we build a better tomorrow. If you are looking for a purpose-driven company where curiosity and innovation are valued, Li-Cycle is the place for you!
The Process Controls Engineer for Maintenance will take responsibility for all engineering activities within their given brief. The ideal candidate is expected to pro-actively oversee integrity of the control system from instrument to historian. A broad knowledge across all aspects of instrumentation and control system design for industrial manufacturing facilities is required.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and top performer to join our team.
- Support the Maintenance team in management, supervision, and oversight of the plant control system, including all field instruments, low voltage systems, HMI’s, instrument panels, DCS hardware and programming, data integrity, and plant data historian
- Provide guidance and recommendations applicable to his/her discipline expertise to Li-Cycle’s Operational and Maintenance teams during project planning, execution, and delivery
- Provide field support as needed for Maintenance and Operational teams
- Oversee and be a resource for the Instrumentation Technician
- Oversee any modifications to the Distributed Control System (DCS) software including edits, updates, backups, uploads, and integrity of all plant logic code and configurations
- Create, write procedures for, and manage change logs for plant logic scripts, configurations, and code
- Oversee the work of any contractors or outside consultants working on the control system
- Provide support for Control Room Operators including loop tuning, graphical trend generation and training on the control system
- As needed, arrange, and attend meetings, including recording, writing, and issuing of minutes
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Electrical, Instrumentation) is preferred
- Minimum 4 years' instrumentation and controls experience in an industrial facility or operating environment
- Knowledge and design execution experience in controls philosophy, interlocks, system integration, process and instrumentation diagrams, wiring schematics, instrument loop sheets, marshalling panels, field junction boxes, and hazardous area classification
- Preferred experience with Delta V control system
- Preferred experience in a Hydrometallurgical, Chemical Processing Facility
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Proactive self-starter with an 'owner's mindset'; requires minimal direct supervision
- Consistently delivers quality work on time, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong level of decision-making skills and accountability
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
- Strong analytical, negotiation and creative problem-solving skills
- High degree of time management
For more information, visit our website at https://li-cycle.com/ or you can view Li-Cycle's corporate video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnUgCt0JshU.
Li-Cycle is an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Li-Cycle are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, diverse-ability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Interested candidates should apply to Li-Cycle directly by submitting their resume through the Li-Cycle Career's page.