Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, values and commitment to diversity make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join us?
Reporting to an AVP of Major and Principal Gifts, the Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the AVP's efforts to cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of EDF's leadership and principal donors. The Coordinator will be expected to employ the highest standards of a donor-centered approach to fundraising playing a key role in the solicitation and stewardship of EDF's top donors. This position is a growth opportunity for someone interested in the Development profession and offers the opportunity to work with EDF's senior fundraisers. The Principal Gifts Coordinator will be part of an aggressive and growing Development team. EDF is committed to the success and growth of fundraising and provides a stellar opportunity to learn the trade from top fundraisers.
- Maintain the Development project space and disseminate Donor Communications information to Development staff. Establish systems and procedures to capture and store relevant information in an easily accessible manner. Train Development colleagues in the use of the Development project space, troubleshooting problems and serve as a resource for staff.
- Create, maintain and improve planned giving project space and donor database information.
- Create, run, and distribute reports to track and manage planned giving goals.
- Coordinate all aspects of hard copy and electronic donor mailings, including pulling and editing of lists and ensuring mail content and campaign codes are promptly uploaded.
- Draft charitable gift annuity proposals, tax letters, acknowledgments and estate letters.
- Create new templates for Planned Giving donor communications.
- Produce twice annual planned giving Osprey Watch newsletter, overseeing every aspect including planning/scheduling, engaging freelance writers, reviewing and supervising draft articles and graphic design layouts, pulling mailing lists, and managing distribution.
- Track open estates to ensure timely follow-up with executors and the collection of estate gifts.
- Manage the annual report donor listing process from creation, through review, to final publication.
- Develop and implement workflow systems to enhance efficiency of operations through use of project space tools and Common Ground database.
- Process gifts in accordance with established procedures.
- Handle mail and phone inquiries, including planned giving toll-free line, department email addresses, and Common Ground cases.
- Track and process donor communications and planned giving invoices.
- Make travel arrangements and complete expense reports for Donor Communications and Planned Giving teams.
- Schedule and coordinate program presentations for Development.
- Support Donor Communications and Planned Giving writers as needed, for example with formatting, tables, and photo searches.
- Participate in department-wide initiatives, projects, meetings, retreats and events.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience or advance degree with 0-1 year of related experience.
- Experience with fundraising databases and report-writing software strongly preferred
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint and pgCalc planned giving software preferred
- Crackerjack organizational skills and a can-do, self-starter attitude
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced work environment — and ability to get up to speed quickly, solve problems independently, and juggle multiple assignments on deadline
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Motivation to develop relationships and work collaboratively across the department and the organization
- Proficiency in the use of PCs and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Experience with Common Ground a plus
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization. We take into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
The pay range for this role is shown below.
Please note that pay ranges are country specific. As a result, the stated currency is not meant be converted into any other currency.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.