Preventive Maintenance Technician
Company: Li-Cycle Inc.
Location: Rochester, NY
Li-Cycle is solving the global end-of-life lithium battery problem to help power our electric future. Our goal is to recover critical materials from lithium-ion batteries and introduce them back into the supply chain as a sustainable and circular product. We work every day to make this vision a reality. Our team is growing, and we are looking for passionate, creative people, who want to join us as we build a better tomorrow. If you are looking for a purpose-driven company where curiosity and innovation are valued, Li-Cycle is the place for you!
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Preventive Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing to maintain electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems and equipment. Taking direction from the Industrial Mechanic on the day-to-day operation of the maintenance department. Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems, and processes to support the achievement of the site's business goals and objectives.
Our ideal candidate will be a driven individual with high attention to detail and organization, and a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility's equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Update project information and maintain project files
- Organize drawings and prepare drawing packages to support project activity
- Support department management, project managers and consultants as required
- Update and maintains information in Li-Cycle Corporation records systems and department databases
- Set priorities for preventative maintenance work orders, maintenance requisitions and scheduled work.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Meet with Fire Department, Hydro, etc. as required.
- Complete all necessary reports and records related to the department as required.
- Drive Li-Cycle vehicles, as required.
- Prepare, paint and decorate interior and exterior surfaces as required.
- Adhere to departmental procedures and systems, e.g., "systems for preventative maintenance", "maintenance requisitions", scheduled work and continued quality improvement/risk management programs.
- Perform minor construction work, e.g., dismantling, and erecting walls
- Keep current with ongoing changes and new technology and adapt accordingly.
- Maintain inventory of new equipment, manuals and warranties.
- Operate computerized preventative maintenance program.
- Troubleshoot, repair, install, and maintain various electrical components, appliances and equipment in accordance with pertinent codes, the preventative maintenance program and departmental procedures.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance checks of all electrical alarms
- Troubleshoot, install, and repair plumbing fixtures, piping, and related equipment.
- Perform mechanical and preventative maintenance work on equipment as per preventative maintenance manual, e.g., circulating pumps, and air handling systems.
- Initiate safety concerns and makes judgment on the best methods of completing tasks.
- Responsible for short-term planning and keeping appropriate authorities aware of decisions being made.
- High school diploma/GED Completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and Maintenance Coordination experience
- An AA degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance a plus
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Minimum 1 year experience in the operation and maintenance of buildings
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Ability to maintain organization of maintenance schedule and files in a changing environment
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
- Ability to perform small repairs (e.g., caulking, replacing washers, and replacing light fixtures)
- Knowledge of local, provincial, and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances, and legislation
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- 24/7 availability may be required
- Physical ability to lift up to 75lb
- Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g., steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- May be exposed to construction sites
- Customer Focus
- High Energy & Optimism
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
For more information, you can visit our website https://li-cycle.com or view Li-Cycle's corporate video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnUgCt0JshU.
Li-Cycle is an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Li-Cycle are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, diverse-ability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.