Heifer International is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with some form of disability.
To provide efficient and responsive administrative, organizational, and logistic services to the Senior Vice President, helping in managing and prioritizing time and the demands of the office.
Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Effective day-to-day office management for Africa’s Senior Vice President.
- Provision of administrative and secretarial services for Africa’s Senior Vice President.
- Managing the diary and organizing meetings and appointments, often controlling access to Africa’s Senior Vice President.
- Conducting weekly diary meetings with Africa’s Senior Vice President to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations, and other requests.
- Booking & arranging travel, visas, transport and accommodation for Africa’s Senior Vice President.
- Ensure the Africa Senior Vice President is fully briefed on, or prepared for, any engagements they are involved in. Keep and maintain an accurate record of papers and electronic correspondence on behalf of the Africa Senior Vice President.
- Reminding the Africa Senior Vice President of important tasks and deadlines.
- Managing databases and filing systems.
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems.
- Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients.
- Collating and filing expenses and assisting with filing claims monthly.
- Taking minutes during meetings where necessary.
- Maintenance of confidentiality on all matters pertaining Africa Senior Vice President’s office.
- Any other business as requested by senior management.
- Degree in Administrative Management, Secretarial Studies or Business Administration.
- 5 years' experience relevant experience in an executive office or as a Personal Assistant in a reputable organization.
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Excellent Communication & Interpersonal skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Innovation - Ability to come up with new and better ways of working to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Time Management – Ability to use time effectively and efficiently.
- Drive for results – Aware of their roles and responsibility and can be counted on to meet and exceed goals.
- Interpersonal skills – Ability to build rapport and constructive and effective relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Customer focus – Establishes and maintains effective relationship with both internal and external customers, to gain their trust and respect.
- Ethics and values – Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs, and in alignment with the organization’s
- Integrity and trust – Trusted individual who can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidence, admits mistakes, and doesn’t misrepresent themselves for personal gain.
Deadline for Application: 8th May 2023