Every day, we work together for what matters – bold, swift, and equitable climate action.
ABOUT THE ROLE
If you are passionate about people and want to be a part of a team where you are able to share your ideas and make an impact daily, then this is an opportunity for you to join the People Operations team within a growing B Corp. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our People Operations team. The People Operations Generalist manages daily people operation functions, is the main point of contact for employees, and collaborates closely with other People Operations team members to provide excellent customer service, support, and problem resolution throughout the life cycle of employee activities. This position ensures our human resources function runs smoothly.
This is a full-time position, preferably based out of Portland, OR, and will generally consist of 1 to 2 days in the office weekly. The role will report to the Associate Director, People Operations.
WHAT YOU’LL DOThe People Operations Generalist is charged with two main function areas:
People Operations (75% Human Resources):
- Promptly executes administration of all employee life cycles, including but not limited to onboarding, compliance training, performance management, benefits and compensation programs, and offboarding
- Support benefit enrollment and partner with benefits brokers to make needed changes and updates
- Plans and directs employee engagement events to promote a high-performing, inclusive, and mission-driven culture
- Responsible for coordination and implementation of various off-boarding tasks
- Take an active role in ensuring an exceptional onboarding experience
- Process verification of employment, worker's compensation, and disability claim requests and manage our internal HR ticketing process
- Standardize and maintain People Operations policies, forms, organizational charts, and other related documents; update intranet and People Operations Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and share drive as needed
- Partner closely with HR Business Partners to provide general administrative support to the People Operations team - examples include drafting internal employee letters, support with mediation, and confidential investigations
- Create, maintain, and update internal human resources policies and procedures
- Proactively seek ways to enhance the employee experience by implementing activities and programs that promote positive morale and increase employee engagement. This role will also collaborate cross-functionally with the employee experience, learning and development, and talent teams
Office Operations (25% or less of time):
- Provide general office support in Portland, Oregon, including managing office supplies, mail and shipping, purchasing, vendor relationships, tidying the shared space, and keeping the office organized, inviting, and fun
- Track and monitor the budget for office supplies, snacks, etc.
- Act as a liaison between various office locations and remote staff and a conduit to building and property managers
- Assist in planning office events, coordinating event logistics, and managing an annual events budget
- Greet visitors and provide general reception duties as applicable
- 3- 5 years of experience in relevant people operations roles, focusing on benefits administration and payroll
- Demonstrated ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality without exception
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Excellent task and time management skills and can succeed in a fast-paced, collaborative, and deadline-driven atmosphere that requires shifting priorities
- Demonstrated superb interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to interact professionally, diplomatically, and productively with colleagues and contacts at all levels
- Proficient using Google Suite services (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.) and Microsoft Office software (Word/Excel/PowerPoint); advanced skills preferred
- Working knowledge of UKG (Ultipro/Kronos) HRIS highly encouraged; general knowledge of HRIS, payrolling, and applicant tracking systems is required
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, or a related field and/or a combination of equivalent experience and education.
HOW WE DEFINE SUCCESS
Within 30 days
- Successfully complete all UKG (HRIS) training at a competency level that enables you to successfully train others
- Successfully learn 3Degrees values and employer brand philosophy at a competency level that enables you to successfully train others
Within 90 days
- Ability to communicate all steps and process steps related to the employee life-cycle at 3Degrees
- Have a competent working knowledge of our business units, able to articulate what each department is responsible for and the key stakeholders they support
- You will be recognized as a proficient and primary lead of various tasks and projects with key partners, including but not limited to benefit vendors, HRIS, and other employee engagement tools to competently support an employee experience aligned with the company’s employer brand.
Within 6 months
- Independently complete tasks related to onboarding new hires, conduct benefit presentations to new hires and ensure all key enrollment dates are met.
- Managing JIRA tickets and capable of answering 75% of inquiries or redirecting as applicable to other members of the People Operations team
- You have acquired substantial knowledge of 3Degrees business, employer brand, and work-life experience such that you are able to independently draft and/or revise company policies
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Compensation: The starting base pay for this position is $61,200 to $100,800 in the US. The total compensation package for the successful candidate in this role may exceed the base pay as it includes other incentive pay. The base pay is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
- Benefits: this position is eligible for a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible paid time off and more. Additional information regarding the benefits available for this position can be found at: https://jobs.jobvite.com/3degrees/jobs/jointheteam
- Supplemental Pay: this position is eligible for discretionary bonus programs including the company’s profit sharing program and an annual performance bonus based on personal, department and company goals.
- This compensation and benefits information is based on 3Degrees’ good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, INCLUSION, AND EQUITY3Degrees is an equal-opportunity employer. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse and inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions, and this makes us stronger every day. We are proud to welcome all people of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law.