This part-time position reports to the Visitor Centre Officer to support the operation of Hoi Ha Visitor Centre (HHVC) providing land-based public guided eco-tours on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays; and supporting centre-based workshops/activities. The position is offered on a scheduled rostered hours basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides day-to-day visitor services at the reception counter and exhibition hall.
- Supports the development, delivery, and enrolment of centre-based educational workshops, exhibitions, and festive events for families, the general public, and community groups.
- Handles inquiries and carries out customer feedback surveys.
- Conducts land-based public guided eco-tours on Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays.
- Controls vehicular flow at Visitor Centre to facilitate the smooth flow of traffic and coach parking, ensures no unauthorised parking in or near the centre, and ensures the safety of visitors when using centre facilities.
- In addition to Visitor Centre, provides assistance to other visitors of Hoi Ha Wan Marine Park.
Required Functional Skills:
- Possession of post-secondary education qualification in natural science, or any discipline related to environmental conservation;
- Experienced in guiding nature education activities or customer service will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in Cantonese, English and Putonghua.
- Possession of First Aid Certificate will be an advantage;
- Proficiency in MS Office;
- Physically fit for outdoor work;
- Working during weekends and holidays will be required as per the working schedule;
Required Behavioural Skills:
- A team player with good organizing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for nature
The work location of this position is at the AFCD Hoi Ha Wan Marine Park Visitor Centre, Sai Kung. Daily Transportation is available on WWF vehicles from Ma On Shan.
Interested party please apply with full resume, stating present and expected salary and available date through https://wwfhk.bamboohr.com/careers/176. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
WWF, the World Wide Fund for Nature, a non-profit organisation, with headquartered in Switzerland, is one of the world’s most recognisable and respected independent conservation organisations.
To find out more about us, please visit our website at wwf.org.hk now.