The primary resonsiblity of the Parcking Plant Operator is to extracts cement from various silos and feed packers according to product mix ratio in a safe manner.. Input operational system status in the dash board and control system tools. Coordinates and interface with packer operators, maintenance technicians, engineers and packing shift operative.
- Adhere to plant operational procedures for production goal achievement and handle work safely.
- Extracts cement from various silos and feed packers according to product mix ratio.
- Input operational system status in the dashboard and control system tools.
- Tracks down time of packers and inputs reasons for it.
- Support packer operator, troubleshoot and communicate with shift technicians and engineers, within the shift, and seek further support when required.
- Gain awareness of system operating requirements and trends and suggest operating adjustment suggestions.
- Manage electrical and mechanical equipment and facilities within the competency of an operator.
- Conduct emergency operations for electric service and protecting station equipment, (Reset).
- Communicates with quality assurance during product swap and follow through, to ensure quality dispatch.
- Oversee control desk consisting of 3 to 4 HMI computer screens.
- Respond to the shift supervisor, production floor requests and machine stoppage alerts.
- Oversee productions and process key metrics for operating plant equipment within parameters.
- Records all loading order slip and supports the end of shift reports.
- Handle equipment maintenance LOTOTO request as per standard operating procedures.
- Receive and reply to calls on radio and mobile relating to the job within the organizations.
- OND in sciences, engineering discipline, or any other relevant equivalent.
- A univeristy degree is a plus
- 3 years’ experience after graduating, with at least 1 year experience in plant operations.
- Experience in multi-national companies is an added advantage.
Knowledge & Skills
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Strong Excel and MS Office proficiency (including good knowledge of PowerPoint).
- Good knowledge of HODIM SAP and SAP FC is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure, in a demanding environment, while maintaining the highest professional standards.
- Ability to self-organize, prioritize tasks, take initiatives, and make recommendations while engaging with Senior Leaders**.**
Leadership and managerial Abilities:
- Build informal networks across functions to ensure smooth flow inputs for own deliverables.
- Top presentation skills to be able to convey clear and synthetic messages (verbally or on paper).
Professional Proficiency in English Language
Local / International