- Facilities Management
- Customer service oriented
- Events & Programmes organising
- International NGO
This position is responsible for the operations of WWF Visitor Centres, including Island House Conservation Studies Centre and Central Sustainability Hub. The job scope includes, but not limited to, managing the Centres and Panda shops operations, premises and facilities management, enhancing visitor experience and organizing activities and events to deliver conservation messages.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Operations of Visitor Centre
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Island House and Central Visitor Centres, including managing visitor bookings and inquiries, Panda shop operations, premises and facilities maintenance, and manpower planning.
- Prepare budget plan and manage the budget of the Visitor Centres.
- Develop and organize events, programmes, eco-tours, workshops, and other activities. Conduct regular evaluations of the programmes to ensure that the program design is aligned with the conservation and education goals.
- Manage Panda shop operations, including product development, identifying promotion and distribution channels, and stock inventory control.
- Build relationships and cooperate with stakeholders such as government bodies, contractors, and community groups.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, and managing staff and eco-guides.
Premises and Facilities Management
- Lead the Centre team to perform routine inspection and maintenance tasks. Ensure that the premises are well-maintained, complying with government requirements and securing safety of visitors.
- Oversee the gardening team for the garden maintenance and care of trees, plants, and landscaping.
- Ensure that all equipment and facilities are well-stored and functioning properly.
- Identify repair and maintenance needs of the premises and garden. Coordinate with external vendors and contractors to schedule regular maintenance work such as tree risk assessment and management, and pest control.
- Work closely with government bodies, including the Antiquities and Monuments Office and Government Property Agency, to report maintenance needs, arrange onsite visits, and submit the Centre Annual Report.
- Manage licenses and certificate for the premises, eco-garden, and electric vehicles.
- Manage visitor and tour bookings. Coordinate Eco-tour arrangements, including catering services for corporate members, public visitors, and school programs.
- Ensure the highest standard of visitor experience and membership services are delivered.
- Handle inquiries and manage venue bookings from internal and external stakeholders.
- Organize and support WWF events, programmes, pop-up stores, and catering services across WWF Centres.
- Conduct customer surveys and collect feedback for programme development analysis.
- Maintain visitor and tour records to prepare reports to the Education Bureau.
- Carry out any other duties or ad hoc projects as required related to WWF Centre programmes and retail/catering operations, including training for centre staffs in customer service to enhance the visitor experience.
Required Functional Skills:
- Degree holder in hospitality and facilities management, or related disciplines
- Minimum 8 years of solid experience in relevant disciplines, with at least 5 years of management responsibility.
- Proven experience in Centre operations and building maintenance.
- Experience in developing, maintaining, and implementing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Customer service oriented. Experience in catering services would be an advantage.
- Exposure in governance and compliance, property and visitors safety.
- Good at budget control.
- Proficiency in spoken Cantonese and English, good command of written English.
- Willing to work during weekends and public holidays.
Required Behavioural Skills:
- Positive, self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong sense of responsibility and adaptable
- Enthusiastic team player with strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good customer service, problem solving and coordination skills
Interested candidates, please submit your application through https://wwfhk.bamboohr.com/hiring/jobs/172
This is a local position to be based in Island House, Tai Po, and Central.
We offer a 5-day work week and competitive rewards and benefits package to the right candidate. Interested parties please apply with a full resume, stating your present and expected salary and available date. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
WWF, the World Wide Fund for Nature, a non-profit organization, headquartered in Switzerland, is one of the world’s most recognizable and respected independent conservation organizations.
To find out more about us, please visit our website at wwf.org.hk now.