Title: Operations Manager
Reports to: Director of HR & Operations
Pay Range: $85,000 - $100,000
The Mission Economic Development Agency (MEDA) is a community-based, local economic development organization that, for over 47 years, has engaged individuals, families, and small businesses in community-building strategies. Rooted in San Francisco’s Mission District, MEDA is advancing a national equity movement by building Latino prosperity, community ownership, and civic power.
As a key member of the Human Resources and Operations Team, the Operations Manager will be responsible for all operations and facilities at Plaza Adelante. Working closely with third-party Property Management, Asset Management Team, the Operations Manager will manage office moves and daily operations including partnering with IT Manager around technology, large scale remodeling, and interior construction projects, and will safeguard the organization’s investments by actively managing vendors, working within the scope and requirements of the funding grant. This role will be responsible for budgeting and related reporting as well as establishing and managing the project plans and deliverables.
- Work closely with third-party Property Management, Asset Management & IT team to manage all MEDA operations functions such as facilities maintenance, office space, technology, printing, reception, and safety
- Manage central office workspaces and participate in workspace planning and the execution of office renovation/improvement and capital needs projects
- Work closely with HR and IT with staff onboarding/offboarding, and key/fob management. Ensure new hires have workspaces, equipment, proper building access and staff transitioning out of MEDA return equipment and have building access privileges revoked.
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required and troubleshoots facilities issues to determine cause and solution
- Monitors and ensures the safety and security of staff and building. Responds to after-hours calls and building security alarm calls
- Build and manage strong relationships with external vendors
- Coordinates monthly pest control service for MEDA offices with pest control vendor
- Negotiates, manages, and administers all vendor contracts relating to building operations including janitorial, pest control, elevator, HVAC equipment, fire suppression, plumbing, alarm systems, and corporate insurance policies
- Manages and establishes guidelines for routine and preventative maintenance programs, and system replacement schedules to ensure life cycle sustainment, longevity of real property assets, systems, and equipment.
- Directs preventative maintenance operations for all building systems, including electrical and mechanical systems and water/waste operations. Inspects and maintains for regulatory compliance
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), maintain written documentation for office and safety protocols.
- Drive the implementation of policies to comply with all applicable local, City, State and Federal regulations, building codes, and best practices
- Manages the budget and expenses related to building and assets
- Administrator for Envoy, Docusign, HR Vcomply including maintenance and support to staff on these programs. Maintenance and support of applications for Staff
- Develops and maintains written documentation for office and safety procedures
- Maintains accurate records for physical assets at Plaza Adelante
- Provides yearly required safety and emergency preparedness training for all MEDA staff.
- Supports the ongoing maintenance and necessary revision of the MEDA Business Continuity Plan
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years experience in building and technology operations
- Demonstrated strong understanding of construction and local building codes
- Ability to balance budget and project demands.
- Proven project management skills
- Strong analytical, logistics, and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of office technology (PC, MAC, printers, copiers, network)
- Needs to be available outside of regular office hours for emergencies, special projects, as needed.
- Spanish Fluency is required.
- Strong knowledge of commercial insurance packages, including general liability, Directors and Officers, professional liability, and property