All Hands and Hearts is a disaster relief nonprofit. Our program bases are located in the communities we serve, and staff members live in communal environments. Understand your responsibility for the safety of yourself and for those around you. Make yourself aware of, and comply with all safety protocols (including COVID-19), which may differ between locations, based on local risk assessment and local regulations.
Vaccination is required in all in-person work environments including program bases, offices, and team meetings. We will always provide an option for travel-exempt folks to join these meetings and events virtually, to ensure we are providing an inclusive and accessible environment for people who are unvaccinated, vaccinated and at high risk, or avoiding in person events out of concern for others in their circle.
Must be able to secure and maintain appropriate visas. Not open to US residents. The start date for this position is 12th September 2022.
Diversity is the acknowledgment, promotion and celebration of our differences and similarities. All racial identities, ethnicities, sexes, nationalities, gender identities and expressions, physical and mental abilities, sexual orientations, ages, spiritualities, points of view and socioeconomic statuses can fit in with us.
We support individuals from around the world and serve communities affected by disasters with purpose. Response, recovery, resilience and renewal are why we exist. Respect for the value of diversity, inclusion and social justice drives us forward every day.
Everyone is welcome.
A versatile position within a dynamic nonprofit that provides relief to survivors of disasters. The position is full-time and is responsible for managing the operations team to deliver efficient and effective support to project teams.
- Reports to Program Director
- Roles reporting to position Finance & Logistics Coordinator, Volunteer Engagement & Relations Coordinator
- Approximate number of reports 4-6
- Provides supportive leadership, management and overall organizational planning to general operations of the program.
- Manages the operations Team to deliver an efficient and effective program (base operations, financial management, volunteer coordination and engagement, base logistics, etc.) to support successful project outputs.
- Supports Program Director in developing and implementing and training skills development for staff and volunteers.
- Supports the Program Director in forecasting, monitoring, and reporting project cash flow, bank transactions and expense auditing.
- Works with the logistics and Finance Coordinator to organize and manage transport and telecommunications for teams in the field.
- Supports the Program Director in the development, implementation, and review of Health, Safety and Security procedures for base and sites.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate communication, training and rehearsal of contingency plans and organizing periodical risk assessments.
- Support the Program Director in compiling program specific fortnightly reports for the organization.
- We understand vaccination is the best way to protect our beneficiaries, community members, staff and volunteers, therefore we require all of our on program staff members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To be considered for this position you must be fully vaccinated. Subject to applicable guidance, the term fully vaccinated currently refers to when an individual has received either a single-shot vaccine or both doses of a two-shot vaccine, and two weeks have elapsed since the final dose.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Is this position responsible for the operating budget of the associated department? No
- Does this position have any other financial responsibilities? No
- Education Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Related Experience Must have a minimum of one year experience working for All Hands and Hearts or another disaster response organization. Minimum of one year management experience in a professional setting. Experience in project management, including budget tracking preferred.
- Special Competencies/Certifications Must be able to secure and maintain appropriate visas. Polish fluency desired. Driver’s license required. Excellent written and oral communication skills and confident working with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel. Applicants need to be well organized and have a flexible approach to managing multiple tasks and prioritizing them appropriately, as well as strong leadership skills with a proactive approach to identifying and solving problems. The individual is able to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Work Environment/Conditions Communal living environment. High stress situations.
Compensation & Benefits
- Pay rate is $1200-$1600 USD/ month, based on skills and experience
- Room & board
- Monthly R&R breaks with allowance
- Visa extension reimbursement
- Travel to and from program location
- Coverage for emergency medical injury or illness
- Costs related to COVID-19 entry requirements
All Hands and Hearts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic.