All Hands and Hearts is a disaster relief nonprofit. Our program bases are located in the communities we serve, and depending on the role you apply for you may be required to visit and/or live in our communal program environments. Please note that vaccination is required for all in-person work environments, including program bases and offices. You will also be expected to adhere to particular safety protocols (including relating to COVID-19), and should understand your responsibility for the safety of yourself and others around you. We will always provide an option for travel-exempt staff to join meetings and events virtually, to ensure we provide an inclusive environment for those who are unvaccinated or at high risk.
The start date for this position is May 2023. Not open to US residents.
Diversity is the acknowledgment, promotion and celebration of our differences and similarities. All racial identities, ethnicities, sexes, nationalities, gender identities and expressions, physical and mental abilities, sexual orientations, ages, spiritualities, points of view and socioeconomic statuses can fit in with us. We support individuals from around the world and serve communities affected by disasters with purpose. Response, recovery, resilience and renewal are why we exist. Respect for the value of diversity, inclusion and social justice drives us forward every day. Everyone is welcome.
Learn more about our Ukraine Crisis Relief program.
A versatile position within a dynamic nonprofit that provides community-inspired, volunteer-powered disaster relief. The position is full-time and is responsible for managing the operations team to deliver efficient and effective support to project teams.
- Reports to Program Director
- Roles reporting to position Response Coordinators
- Approximate number of reports 1-4
- Provides supportive leadership, management and overall organizational planning to general operations of the program.
- Manages the operations Team to deliver an efficient and effective program (base operations, financial management, volunteer coordination and engagement, base logistics, etc.) to support successful project outputs.
- Supports Program Director in developing and implementing and training skills development for staff and volunteers.
- Supports the Program Director in forecasting, monitoring, and reporting project cash flow, bank transactions and expense auditing.
- Works with the response coordinators to organize and manage transport and telecommunications for teams in the field.
- Supports the Program Director in the development, implementation, and review of Health, Safety and Security procedures for base and sites.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate communication, training and rehearsal of contingency plans and organizing periodical risk assessments.
- Support the Program Director in compiling program specific fortnightly reports for the organization.
- We understand vaccination is the best way to protect our beneficiaries, community members, staff and volunteers. Therefore, we require all staff members working in in-person environments (including program staff, office staff, team meetings and program visits) to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Subject to applicable guidance, the term fully vaccinated currently refers to when an individual has received all recommended Covid-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Is this position responsible for the operating budget of the associated department? No
- Does this position have any other financial responsibilities? No
- Education Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent training and experience in a related field
- Related Experience Previous All Hands and Hearts experience preferred. Minimum of one year supervisory experience in a professional setting. Experience in project management, including budget tracking preferred.
- Special Competencies/Certifications Must be able to secure and maintain appropriate visas. Polish fluency desired. Driver’s license required. Excellent written and oral communication skills and confident working with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel. Applicants need to be well organized and have a flexible approach to managing multiple tasks and prioritizing them appropriately, as well as strong leadership skills with a proactive approach to identifying and solving problems. The individual is able to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Work Environment/Conditions Based on-program; communal living environment; high stress situations
Compensation & Benefits
- Pay rate from $1,200 USD/ month, based on skills and experience
- Room & board
- Monthly R&R breaks with allowance
- Visa extension reimbursement
- Travel to and from program location
- Coverage for emergency medical injury or illness
- Costs related to COVID-19 entry requirements
All Hands and Hearts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic.