Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a trailblazing legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the 1.8 billion people who are left out of, or poorly served by, the financial sector. For more than 60 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through our work with more than 200 partners in 63 countries. More at http://www.accion.org.
About Human Resources
Through strategic partnerships and collaboration, we provide support to over 130 employees spanning across 4 continents. Our innovative, agile team is committed to delivering best-in class services and organizational development solutions that contribute to the success of the organization through the recruitment, retention and engagement of top-tier talent and diverse workforce.
The Global HR Operations and Benefits Specialist is a unique opportunity to work in multiple facets of HR in a global company. You will add value to the organization ensuring HR day-to-day service delivery, coordination, facilitation, implementation and administration of HR operations and benefits processes throughout an employee’s life cycle. This role will focus on onboarding/offboarding, benefits administration, contract support and other special projects around technology optimization, global compensation, and immigration support. To be successful in this role, you will need to be a self-starter, who has a broad HR background and can pick up new concepts quickly. This is a fantastic opportunity to build a career in global HR operations, working with a dynamic team with an impactful mission.
- Support onboarding and offboarding for global employees. You will work with both the internal HR team and various PEO’s globally to support this process.
- Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 403(b), and wellness benefits.
- Support Open Enrollment each year, including employee information sessions and reporting of data to benefits providers.
- Coordinate and support wellness programs.
- Partner with hiring managers to draft offer letters, consultant, temporary employee and volunteer contracts, consulting with the legal team when needed.
- Support and maintain employee information in ADP Workforce Now system.
- Handle employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Support Knowledge Management initiatives including maintaining our policy library and keeping information up-to-date in various employee systems.
- Support visa and work authorization processes as needed.
- Assist with special projects around enhancing the employee experience and technology optimization.
- Assist with recruitment support as needed.
- Support engagement initiatives with the organizational development team as needed.
- Conduct employment verification requests and visa letter requests.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, project management, business administration, or another closely related field.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience as an HR Administrator or HR Generalist, preferably supporting multiple areas of HR including benefits.
- Global HR experience is preferred.
- Knowledge in MS Office applications required. Knowledge in ADP Workforce Now is preferred.
- Detailed oriented is essential.
- Strong writing skills, attention to detail and follow-through required.
- Excellent at multi-tasking with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Interested in our mission and working globally.
- Willingness to embody our values of excellence, respect and passion for social change.
- Excellence: Accion staff should always put forth their best effort in all activities, strive for high quality of collective and individual performance; and demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times while in the workplace and while working on behalf of the organization.
- Respect: Accion staff should value one another’s roles and responsibilities as much as their own, be encouraging, and value the diverse and unique perspectives of colleagues. They should honor obligations and commitments to each other and to external partners.
- Passion for Social Change: Accion staff should be committed to making a difference in the lives of those less fortunate, value the greater good of the organization over personal gain, and promote a productive workplace by acknowledging the accomplishments of others.