Climate Fund Managers (CFM) is looking for a dynamic Office Manager who is a self-starter with a proven level of expertise in the coordination, planning and execution of operational and facilities responsibilities to lead the full office management function for our regional office based in Claremont, South Africa. The role will report to the Operations Manager and further support the Africa Investment & Shared Services teams based in Cape Town.
CFM was established in 2015 as a joint venture between the Dutch development bank FMO based in the Netherlands and Sanlam InfraWorks – part of the Sanlam Group of South Africa. Headquartered in The Netherlands, our offices span across the emerging markets we serve, located in Singapore, South Africa, and Colombia.
As one of the leading blended finance investment managers, our business is focused on responding to the climate crisis. We use blended finance structuring to attract public and private capital to invest in high-impact sectors in emerging markets aimed at addressing the thematic areas of climate change mitigation and adaptation, including renewable energy, water and oceans, sustainable land use, and sustainable cities.
Facilities and Office Management
- Coordinate with landlord with respect to all landlord provided services.
- Ensure day to day office facilities run efficiently, queries and tasks are managed timeously & effectively.
- Point of contact for general day to day employee & supplier queries
- Maintain the service contracts and preferred suppliers list for all equipment/suppliers.
- Procure and maintain all general office related & pantry requirements adhering to policy.
- Manage building & IT insurance and renewals for Cape Town.
- Manage the cleaning service.
- Accountable for health and safety protocol for the office i.e., maintaining and updating office health & safety guidelines, risk assessments, organize training, fire evacuation procedures etc.
- Ensure that proper administration support processes are in place and effectively managed.
- Accountable for business continuity protocol in Cape Town.
- Manage all building and office communication to staff.
- Manage onboarding / offboarding of all staff in the Cape Town office, (including office procedures, health & safety, building access, parking arrangements & IT equipment)
- Processing of supplier invoices within budget for approval through CFM’s online expense management system
- Assist with implementation of local procedures which are in place for the office.
- Manage the carbon footprint process & analysis for the Cape Town office.
- Participate in and manage ad hoc projects from time to time.
- Conduit for all IT matters including being the point person for CFM’s IT service partner.
- Provide first level support for all general staff IT hardware, VC, system access queries.
- Procure IT equipment and supplies as required.
- Manage IT inventory.
- Manage all aspects of local & international travel for Cape Town based Shared Services Exco members in accordance with policy & processes using online booking platform.
- Make logistical arrangements for visitors as required.
- Assist with visa application documentation.
- Back up to CFM travel administrators as required.
- High-level support to CFM Shared Services Exco members based in Cape Town.
- Reconciliation of credit cards through CFM’s online expense management system.
- Arrange couriers & other printing materials as required.
- Coordinate various internal events, celebrations arranging all logistics to achieve a successful event, this includes catering, sourcing gifts etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years’ experience as an Office Manager within the financial services industry (preferred)
- Ability to apply sound business judgment and an analytical, pragmatic, and creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to plan, manage workload and juggle multiple priorities.
- Ability to work comfortably in an open, fast paced environment.
- Excellence orientation– excellent organisational skills, the motivation to ensure the highest standards of quality and productivity are consistently maintained (must pay attention to detail and ensure accuracy in their work), and follow-through.
- Flexible & dynamic, self-motivated, results driven, ability to deal with change.
- Comfortable learning new systems & have a good understanding of IT support knowledge.
- Travel booking experience.
- MS Office proficient, Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Project/process management
- Have good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively with providers and staff.
- Devotion to quality – demanding a high quality of provided products and services, and acting accordingly.
- Listening Skills – being able to gather important information through verbal communication and obtaining clarification by asking questions.
- Drive – Drive and passion
- Service Orientated- being focused on supporting others in achieving their objectives.
- Result Orientated – being focused on achieving objectives and results, persevering in the face of adversity.
- Planning – systematically organising and setting time frames and setting priorities.